About beta patch 1.3

Started by hippox99, November 25, 2013, 08:37:01 AM

Previous topic - Next topic
November 26, 2013, 05:45:00 AM #15 Last Edit: November 26, 2013, 05:46:54 AM by hippox99
Thanks, Buckler.

It was very hard finding info on the '1.3 beta patch' and other info I needed.

I was then simply lucky enough to google swbfgamers searching for swbf communities. I know from experience, from other older games communities, that there always seems to be a small - but strong - pillar of people keeping these older games alive and support them after all these years.

This is too important to go unnoticed, thats why I'm bringing it back up. I have the Best of PC and 1.3 says to install 1.2 (its already installed) and it tells me cd not found.  What do I do.  I want to have more space for maps and want other maps to be able to be played. :censored:
If you are good at something, never do it for attention.

Quote from: Isaac1138 on November 19, 2014, 08:00:50 PM
This is too important to go unnoticed, thats why I'm bringing it back up. I have the Best of PC and 1.3 says to install 1.2 (its already installed) and it tells me cd not found.  What do I do.  I want to have more space for maps and want other maps to be able to be played. :censored:

This is the problem with the 1.3 beta.  It only installs properly when you have started with the 1.0 CD version of the game, then upgrade to 1.2 then 1.3 beta.  If you start with the 1.2 DVD version of the game, it won't install.

I have a new idea to try now though,  stay tuned.
Quote from: Abraham Lincoln. on November 04, 1971, 12:34:40 PM
Don't believe everything you read on the internet

I actually have one, ask mav or whoever has the 1.3 patch and email or upload a cracked version. :ohmy:

Quote from: Isaac1138 on November 20, 2014, 05:00:33 PM
I actually have one, ask mav or whoever has the 1.3 patch and email or upload a cracked version. :ohmy:

There is no "cracked" 1.3 version.

what do u mean?  I meant like give the rar version of the update instead of the exe, and because certainly there are files that make the 1.3 patch work.    :rofl:

Quote from: Isaac1138 on November 21, 2014, 05:33:06 PM
what do u mean?  I meant like give the rar version of the update instead of the exe, and because certainly there are files that make the 1.3 patch work.

You asked for a cracked version. we're not confused, you are.

Anyways, it seems pretty clear to me that this 1.3 seemed to have not done right, so why do you want it?
Formerly:
{Alpha}Gen.Ultimo
[212]Cpl.Ultimo
WUSi.Whisper

Quote from: Ultimo on November 21, 2014, 05:40:59 PM
You asked for a cracked version. we're not confused, you are.

Anyways, it seems pretty clear to me that this 1.3 seemed to have not done right, so why do you want it?
what do u mean?  I meant like give the rar version of the update instead of the exe, and because certainly there are files that make the 1.3 patch work.    :rofl:
@Isaac: Discussion of piracy of any form is not tolerated here....
@Ultimo: what do u mean by this ? "1.3 seemed to have not done right"
Anyder | Talent, Ops & Culture | SWBF & Player Engagement
Email: communityambassador@swbfgamers.com
SWBFSpy Discord: http://discord.swbfspy.com
SWBFSpy Info: http://info.swbfspy.com

November 21, 2014, 06:28:40 PM #23 Last Edit: November 21, 2014, 06:30:37 PM by Led

The executable version of 1.3 beta has been here as a rar download for a long time:
http://www.swbfgamers.com/index.php?action=downloads;sa=view;down=423

It will not work unless you have the original 1.0 CD (the DVD versions will not work with it).  It requires the CD to be in the disk drive (and not a DVD).

Quote from: Led on November 21, 2014, 06:28:40 PM
The executable version of 1.3 beta has been here as a rar download for a long time:
http://www.swbfgamers.com/index.php?action=downloads;sa=view;down=423

It will not work unless you have the original 1.0 CD (the DVD versions will not work with it).  It requires the CD to be in the disk drive (and not a DVD).

That's what I mean- Anyder. it only works with a certain version and certain circumstances
Formerly:
{Alpha}Gen.Ultimo
[212]Cpl.Ultimo
WUSi.Whisper

I'm not comfused if you know what I'm talking about.  I want be able to fit way more maps on BF1 and play certain maps that require the patch, without it crashing, because I have been having a lot of crashing problems lately

There are no maps that only work in 1.3.  Yes, 1.3 allows you to have more maps in the addon folder, but the beta patch is highly unstable, and will not fix crash problems.  Actually, it tends to make them worse, in my experience.
The BOBclan:  A Rich History

Quote from: Unit 33 on November 29, 2014, 03:44:44 AM
'Please, tell me more about the logistics of the design of laser swords being wielded by space wizards' - Some guy on the internet.

November 21, 2014, 08:30:36 PM #27 Last Edit: November 21, 2014, 08:37:03 PM by Led
Quote from: Isaac1138 on November 21, 2014, 07:18:25 PM
I'm not comfused if you know what I'm talking about.  I want be able to fit way more maps on BF1 and play certain maps that require the patch, without it crashing, because I have been having a lot of crashing problems lately

We do not know what you are talking about. 

However, it should be clear what the facts are about the 1.3 beta patch.  If you want to use it, follow these steps:

1) Get the original CD version of the game.  Here it is on ebay:
http://www.ebay.com/sch/i.html?_odkw=battlefront+cd&_from=R40&_osacat=0&_from=R40&_trksid=p2045573.m570.l1313.TR0.TRC0.H0.Xbattlefront+cd+-ii&_nkw=battlefront+cd+-ii&_sacat=0

Note:  Be very careful to get the 3 CD version in the large plastic case, and not the DVD version in the little jewel case.

2) If you followed step 1, then get the 1.2 patch.

3) Now install 1.3 beta to be able to have more mod maps at one time.

Quote from: Anyder on November 21, 2014, 06:00:53 PM
@Isaac: Discussion of piracy of any form is not tolerated here....
@Ultimo: what do u mean by this ? "1.3 seemed to have not done right"

I'm not bringing up piracy, cracked as in files are ready to be extracted

are modders thinking about making a more stable and better patch?