Modifying Mission Scripts

Started by Triforce919, September 07, 2018, 02:45:42 PM

Previous topic - Next topic
September 07, 2018, 02:45:42 PM Last Edit: September 14, 2018, 11:36:00 PM by Triforce919
Hello, I was wondering if it were possible to make edits with a released mission script, and remunge them into a map I do not have the source for. Basically Marvel released their scripts for their BF1 converted maps, and I want to do things like change out the heroes or add something to the sides. Is this possible to do with the unmunged mission scripts? Im just doing this for personal use, and would be absolutely delighted if this were possible. Thanks!

Edit:

Ok I think I figured this out. I basically created a project with the same initials as one of the conversion pack maps. I then added the released scripts in the common/scripts part of my project. I made my changes, and then added the modes in the mission req. Once I did that I munged the project, and took the newly munged mission file and overwrote the one in an unmodified conversion level. I was successful in making the changes I want, but is there a less roundabout way of doing this?

Thanks,

id love to understand how you did it a tad better id love to do this on maps like star destroyer assault