Ghost Recon

Started by Darth Verik, May 22, 2009, 09:44:47 AM

Previous topic - Next topic
well i just downloaded the game, every1 i spoke to who had it thought it was terrific but i think its a bit crappy compaired to Call of Duty

"Better not be at all than not be noble" - Lord Alfred Tennyson
https://www.facebook.com/SWBFGamers
https://twitter.com/swbfuniverse

Comparing it to Call of Duty (1) Its not a bad game, i love it and played it for years. it was the (realisim) game before Cod4 and well, comparing it to anything made today is not going to work. its out of date.

in anycase, enjoy the game, its great.
QuoteSow the wind and reap the whirlwind
Through the rain and through the shine
Only something with a meaning can stand the test of time

If you want realism, go get Insurgency: Modern Infantry Combat (if you have access to a PC, that is). Plus, it's free! (If you own a Source game, that is) It focuses plenty on realism and it looks pretty good. If you like WW2 games, you're better off with Red Orchestra (If you have access to a PC, that is).

Call of Duty 4 is very photorealistic which is its strong point, but like all of the Call of Duty games, the weapons are very unrealistic. Plus there's very little tactics involved unless you're playing Search and Destroy. All you do is run around the map and kill people without an objective besides getting to the other side and kill people. It's a very fun game, but it gets repetitive and that's pretty much why I've stopped playing it.

Ghost Recon, like what Hardcore said, it pretty much out of date. It was a good game, but it's not up to the standards we have today. Although enjoy the game! Once you get used to it's learning curve (shouldn't take long) then the game can really be fun.

#TYBG

I had the Demo for my mac. It provided me some entertainment. :/

"I can has ur goats? pleeze?" (Wikipedia).

I've got the full game for Mac, and I love it! It's really fun on GR! The graphics are a bit dodgy compared
to modern games, but once you get into the game, you don't even notice!  :)

"Your foe is well equipped, well-trained, battle-hardened. He believes his gods are on his side. Let him believe what he will. We have the tanks on ours."