Forcing map script to load more than one sound file?

Started by Antstafer, August 22, 2021, 10:10:24 PM

Previous topic - Next topic
So in a nutshell, I'm trying to change the AT-ST main blaster sound to the AT-AT blaster sound. After editing it, I noticed that it only works on maps where the AT-AT blaster sound is loaded into the .lvl of that map.

Is there some way to force the "ReadDataFile("sound\\" line to use more than one set?

I've tried the following orders-
ReadDataFile("sound\\end.lvl;end1gcw,hot.lvl;hot1gcw");

ReadDataFile("sound\\end.lvl;end1gcw;hot.lvl;hot1gcw");

ReadDataFile("sound\\end.lvl;end1gcw","sound\\hot.lvl;hot1gcw");

Surely there must be some way to get it to load and read both. If not, what are my best options to making sure the sound is present on all shipped maps that have the AT-ST?

In addition to this, I'm also trying to replace the lowrez human animation files with their hirez counterparts, but just renaming and overwriting files in this folder just seems to lead to crashes. I assume there's a lot more work to do than that haha.

You cannot have multiple sound files, ever. Errors will occur.
You need to load the Hoth sound file in your mission script then edit the weapon ODFs from the AT-ST to use reference the AT-AT weapon sounds.
Never let a person named AnthonyBF2 touch your BF2.

Quote from: AnthonyBF2 on August 23, 2021, 10:49:23 PMYou cannot have multiple sound files, ever. Errors will occur.
You need to load the Hoth sound file in your mission script then edit the weapon ODFs from the AT-ST to use reference the AT-AT weapon sounds.

I'm probably ignorant here, but I think that's exactly what I tried doing.

So the ODFS for the AT-ST are already changed to the AT-AT sounds. So how would I reference the hoth sound file on Endor, while still keeping the sound for the speederbikes? So its not possible to reference both the endor sound files and the hoth files in the same mission script?

You cannot have two sound files at once. You must pick and choose what sounds you're willing to lose.

Alternatively, you can reference a second custom made sound file that contains *only* the missing sounds.
I have no idea how to do that but you can find instructions somewhere on this website.
Never let a person named AnthonyBF2 touch your BF2.