My version of Sereja's Mark VIII tank

Started by KommissarReb, June 17, 2019, 10:32:04 AM

Previous topic - Next topic
I posted a video on YouTube showcasing my version of Sereja's Mark VIII tank . It differs from the way it came in that it fires what I tried to be as close to tank rounds as possible with smoketrails. The smoketrails are blue because I didn't feel like making a gray recolor of the bluelaser, since you have to use the lasso tool in Gimp.  :dry: I might do that later though.

I plan on adding this in a map I'm making. I was considering doing a map Blood Gulch-themed one with both sides having access to some tanks and other vehicles. What do you think of my version so far?
In the Soviet Army, it takes more courage to retreat than advance.

Duuuude. That's so awesome. Longtime tank nerd here so...

That looks exactly like the tank in Indiana Jones and The Last Crusade, which I assumed was a fake tank, but am happy to find that it's not. Great scene. Basically that whole movie is one great scene tho.

Quote from: African with 2 Kalishnakov on June 18, 2019, 10:07:42 AM
Duuuude. That's so awesome. Longtime tank nerd here so...

That looks exactly like the tank in Indiana Jones and The Last Crusade, which I assumed was a fake tank, but am happy to find that it's not. Great scene. Basically that whole movie is one great scene tho.
Thanks for the feedback! The tank from Last Crusade was supposedly a "Mark VII", but they used a Mark VIII. In real life Mark VIII tanks didn't have a turret on the top, just a viewport with cannons on the side sponsons.

One thing that didn't make much sense to me about the tank scene in that movie was why the villains didn't just get a Czech tank from their country over a British WW1 tank from a country that had limited resources, seeing as a problem with The Liberty/International series was the tank was built with rivets, which were deadly to the drivers when they ricocheted inside anytime the tank was being shot.
In the Soviet Army, it takes more courage to retreat than advance.

Yea those rivets were deadly. I remember reading that they were a problem on the M3 Lee.