[SOLVED] How do I change team names?

Started by KommissarReb, May 28, 2019, 07:53:16 AM

Previous topic - Next topic
May 28, 2019, 07:53:16 AM Last Edit: June 01, 2019, 06:32:34 PM by KommissarReb
I am currently making a map where I want to change the CIS team's name to "Sith Empire". I tried adding level/nh1(level name)/cis and level/nh1/rep where "cis" is "SITH EMPRIE" and "rep" is "GALACTIC REPUBLIC". There is a local team which I've named "FA'ATHRA'S GANG" under "locals" in the localization tool. In the mission .lua I changed the CIS team name to "Sith Empire" and the Republic name to "Galactic Republic", but when I start a game all teams are named "FA'ATHRA'S GANG" and they're all the local team color yellow.

Can anyone tell me what I'm not doing right and how I can name the two major teams what I want them to be called?
In the Soviet Army, it takes more courage to retreat than advance.

So, for the teams, you need to do it via the Localization tool. Open it up and create a scope called 'common'. Under that one, create a scope called 'sides', and under that, create two scopes called 'cis' and 'rep'. Under each of those, create a Key called 'name'.

In those keys, you should be able to define a new name for your sides.
In Progress:
--Star Wars: Battlefront - Anniversary Edition (formerly Star Wars: Battlefront - Legacy Edition)

On Hold:
--Star Wars Battlefront: Elite Squadron For SWBF1
--Endor: Imperial Base

Thanks. The side's names work now.
In the Soviet Army, it takes more courage to retreat than advance.