Can't run BoPC.reg in administrator

Started by KommissarReb, May 09, 2019, 09:17:59 AM

Previous topic - Next topic
I'm trying to work with 0 BFBuilder Pro.hta, but first I need to run BoPC.reg in Administrator mode. I don't know how to do this, as the option to do that doesn't come up whether I right click or shift + right click. I've been reading posts by other people about having script errors and such, and that I need to run BoPC.reg in administrator mode (I'm running this on my laptop which has Windows 10 where I'm the admin). Also I created a LucasArts folder in This PC > OS (C:) > LucasArts > BFBuilder (Star Wars Battlefront is in Program Files (x86))

Also neither 0BFBuilder Pro.hta nor BFBuilder.hta will allow me to run in compatibility mode. Does anyone know what I need to do?
In the Soviet Army, it takes more courage to retreat than advance.

I'm sorry if this sounds silly, but did you just try clicking on the reg file and get a privilege prompt?  If you are the administrator account, it will only ask, you shouldn't need to jump through hoops.
For the HTA, you don't need to run it compatibility mode generally.  Going to need more information about what error comes up (Use the Pro hta only, the other one is generally unstable).  Does it create a project?  Can it load a project?

Source: I have used these in Windows 10 successfully.
The BOBclan:  A Rich History

Quote from: Unit 33 on November 29, 2014, 03:44:44 AM
'Please, tell me more about the logistics of the design of laser swords being wielded by space wizards' - Some guy on the internet.

In the pro HTA (the one I've been trying to use) I keep getting this:

Script Error
An error has occurred in the script on this page.

Line: 2073
Char: 110
Error: Could not complete this operation due to error 800a004c.
Code: 0
URL: file://C:/LucasArts/BFGuilder/0%20BFBuilder%20Pro.hta

Do you want to continue running scripts on this page? Yes/No

Is it possible that when I did this (https://itomation.ca/run-hta-as-different-user-or-administrator/) in order to run .hta files in administrative mode that could be the culprit? If not, what else could I be doing wrong?
In the Soviet Army, it takes more courage to retreat than advance.