Gaming mouse

Started by Dbiz, December 05, 2012, 07:16:30 PM

Previous topic - Next topic
I'm currently using a GE Wired Optical mouse I picked up at Target for $8.  Until recently I didn't know gaming mice existed so did a little research and have a few questions for anyone who knows:

1.  Is a gaming mouse worth the investment?
2.  If so which one do you recommend? (with out breaking the bank)
3.  What is DPI?
4.  Whats your preferred grip style?

I know I'm asking a lot but if anyone wants to give a stab at it I would appreciate it

Thanks

For grip, I prefer really firm griped mice, either that, or just turning up mouse sensitivity in-game :P
Helps with sniping and such...

I have the older model of this:

http://www.amazon.com/Logitech-Optical-Gaming-High-Precision-910-002277/dp/B0055QZ216/ref=wl_it_dp_o_pdT1_nS_nC?ie=UTF8&colid=3S5VFEEFIF604&coliid=I1VDUPRSXYHHFJ

it has adjustable DPI (dots per inch--basically resolution) and special software that you can set up your mouse for various games.

I recommend it. 

I think it can help your play in that it can be very consistent.  You can also program buttons on the side to reload, or other things.
Quote from: Abraham Lincoln. on November 04, 1971, 12:34:40 PM
Don't believe everything you read on the internet

Quote from: DBellz on December 05, 2012, 07:16:30 PM
1.  Is a gaming mouse worth the investment?
2.  If so which one do you recommend? (with out breaking the bank)
3.  What is DPI?
4.  Whats your preferred grip style?
1. Yes I think it is
2. I recommend something like a logitech G400 its around $35 now I think (Led posted link to it above)
3. Dots per inch. More DPI = Higher sensitivity. The nice thing about G400 is it lets you switch between 4 sensitivity options in game by pressing a button. I find this really useful in game for sniping I switch to low, and for close combat I switch to medium or hihg.
4. Don't really know.

I have a Razer Imperator and have been extremely satisfied with it.

(•̪●)=ε/̵͇̿̿/'̿'̿ ̿ ̿̿ ̿ ̿"" (-_-*)