Zombie Games?

Started by Shazam, March 24, 2013, 02:45:18 PM

Previous topic - Next topic
I'm seriously addicted to the TV series "The Walking Dead" and I was just wondering if there were any free multiplayer zombie games out there that anyone knows about. I know of a few games, but they aren't free and I don't want to spend money on a game that I haven't tried.

DayZ is supposed to be very good, it's a free mod if you own Arma 2.
Theres two official walking dead games as well that are supposed to be very good but I expect you know that.
I haven't played any of them but I do like the walking dead. :)
I play less now but I'll always be around, lets keep this site and battlefront going. :)

March 24, 2013, 03:44:14 PM #2 Last Edit: March 24, 2013, 03:46:04 PM by Shazam
Quote from: {PLA}gdh92 on March 24, 2013, 03:24:48 PM
DayZ is supposed to be very good, it's a free mod if you own Arma 2.
Theres two official walking dead games as well that are supposed to be very good but I expect you know that.
I haven't played any of them but I do like the walking dead. :)

I researched a little and it says there is a free version of Arma 2. Can I install the DayZ mod on the free version?

And yeah, I've looked at The Walking Dead games but I don't really know anyone that plays it and it costs money. (Plus, the gameplay of DayZ looks more fun than The Walking Dead game)

I'm mostly looking for a fun multiplayer-based game where you can do your best to survive with yours friends. (If that exists) I'm not really into the single player campaign games.

Cross Fire has a zombie mode and its free to play. 

Quote from: Dbiz on March 24, 2013, 07:11:14 PM
Cross Fire has a zombie mode and its free to play.

I google'd it. It looks fun.

Thanks, Dbiz. I will definitely try this out. :)

I'm still curious about the free version of Arma 2. Does anyone play it?

ill check it out when im un-grounded

No problem Shazam.  Let me know if you get CF going and we can slay some zombies. 

Quote from: Dbiz on March 25, 2013, 04:24:37 PM
No problem Shazam.  Let me know if you get CF going and we can slay some zombies.

Haha, will do Dbiz. Will do. :)

I plan on downloading it this week when I get the chance.

You could get the free version of Arma 2, but I'd just spend the 10-15 bucks and get Arma 2: Combined Operations. Dayz is a pretty good mod, and while I haven't played it much since the optimization in Arma 2 sucks, leading to frame drops for me, I think it's the closest thing you'll find to the experience of a zombie apocalypse.

There's also a standalone Dayz coming out sometime this summer, so if you're willing to wait a few months you can play that.
Raoul Duke: feels redneck
Raoul Duke: have to bring the family tree when looking for women

Lilly Satou: also oh my god
Lilly Satou: fried chicken in the lingo is the best thing ever

Quote from: Droideka on March 30, 2013, 07:50:41 PM
You could get the free version of Arma 2, but I'd just spend the 10-15 bucks and get Arma 2: Combined Operations. Dayz is a pretty good mod, and while I haven't played it much since the optimization in Arma 2 sucks, leading to frame drops for me, I think it's the closest thing you'll find to the experience of a zombie apocalypse.

There's also a standalone Dayz coming out sometime this summer, so if you're willing to wait a few months you can play that.

Thanks, Droideka. I tried downloading Arma 2 free and it appears their site is down. (Well, it was when I tried a week or two ago.) I also tried to download Crossfire and their website was down/updating, too.

A standalone DayZ game would be awesome! I can definitely wait until this summer, I've heard the game is awesome.

Just found this game

http://store.steampowered.com/app/17500/

Its a steam free to play zombie game. 

From the little I played it looks ok.

it wasn't killing hoards of zombie AIs tho.  the servers I was on had all real ppl zombies and survivors. 

April 03, 2013, 03:56:43 PM #11 Last Edit: April 03, 2013, 06:16:18 PM by Shazam
ArmA 2's website is back up and I have tried to install ArmA 2 Free a couple of times now. There is a list of websites that you can download it from on their website, and so far none of them seem to work. They have all installed successfully but it always fails to launch ArmA 2. I have gone in and tried to open the ArmA 2 Free .exe but it says that there is a missing DLL file.

Here is the page that has all of the sources to download it from:
http://www.arma2.com/free

Does anyone else have ArmA 2 Free that would be willing to help me download it? A download link (that will work) would be nice. :)

Thanks in advance!

-edit:  Oh, and I saw your post, Dbiz. I'm looking into it. Thanks! :)
-edit2:  I downloaded Zombie Panic Source and played a game. It's kinda fun, but not exactly what I was looking for.

bump

Not sure if anyone else knows (although I'm pretty sure the majority of you guys know) there's a great stormtrooper mod for Left 4 Dead 2. I use it along side with the Star Wars weapons sound pack and the game is just so much better. Sadly I don't think there is a weapons skin...yet.

you guys now there is two really good BF zombie mods on the site in case you haven't noticed, the Hyperion maps, 1 and 2
"I would explain it to you but your head might explode."

Quote from: {TCE}Call-of-Duty on November 04, 2013, 06:12:38 PM
you guys now there is two really good BF zombie mods on the site in case you haven't noticed, the Hyperion maps, 1 and 2

Yeah, me and Zam burned through them already. He's more into The Walking Dead type gameplay though, not so much as a modification per se.