"Moral" Issue

Started by khy, January 16, 2010, 07:28:46 AM

Previous topic - Next topic
Okay, so i got my x-mas presents from Brother and Sister the other day in the mail and i got AC2 and Halo ODST.
Aparently the shop my sis went to was out of Borderlands, so she got ODST thinking it was popular.
She offered to trade it back in, but i politefully declined.
I played ODST, and gladly took the invitation to Halo Reach beta, but overall... i was extremely bored with ODST.
Now her being my sister, i didn't wanna call her back to ask her to trade it back in or anything.
But , do you think i should trade it in for gamestop?
Ive played the ODST disk once, so no scratches, i should get 50-60 which is enough for Borderlands.
On the other hand, firefight seems kinda fun, but not enough for 60 bucks (i have halo 3 already, so that disk is obselete to me)
My (half) sister lives in a far state, so its not like she will visist and see i dont have it.
I sort of feel bad for doing it, i could always use my giftcards for borderlands, but i sort of want to save them for Bad Company 2. I just feel bad trading in ODST.
A small part of me wants to just keep it... but i dont see a point, as i did not enjoy it very much, and it is a new 60 dollar game.

... Help?

Your family will understand and accept the gamer you are.

First off, your sister won't care in any manner that you exchanged it, the gift was for the thought of giving, it doesn't actually matter what the gift is. they are just games, i'm not sure you'll get back 50/60 bucks for it, used drops prices alot, no matter how little.

But overall, if they do care, they likely need to revaluate what christmas is about, because that is just a game, like any other game. its the thought that she gave it to you because you enjoy it that matters.
QuoteSow the wind and reap the whirlwind
Through the rain and through the shine
Only something with a meaning can stand the test of time

Do what makes you happy and your family will be happy that you are happy.

Seeing as how it seems your sister wouldn't really care if you traded it in or not, I think there are two main things that you need to compare. The guilt you feel from trading it in vs the fun you get from Borderlands. For me at least, the guilt would be temporary and the fun would be much longer lasting, so I would trade it in, but I don't know how it would be for you.

At Gamestop you won't get 50/60 dollars, you'll probably get 35$, according to some of the googling I did. Plus, you'll only get to spend it at Gamestop.

well the reson she bought it for u was to get u something u would enjoy playing i think that if u would never play it she would rather u use that money for something u would really like and enjoy in my opinion at least