Naboo: Theed Reimagining

Started by Giftheck, June 28, 2020, 03:51:08 PM

Previous topic - Next topic
June 28, 2020, 03:51:08 PM Last Edit: June 29, 2020, 04:43:15 AM by Giftheck
I've been wanting to do a Theed reimagining map for a long time now. Originally, for Main Play Mod, I was just going to replace a few props and have it so that Theed fundimentally plays the same, but is visually updated.

However, in recent months, with a new mod that I'm working on, I wanted a much more accurate version of Theed. Sereja has done wonderful work with his City of Theed map, and so it was only natural to start with his objects. However, the map itself, while amazing, isn't quite what I'm after - a reimagined equivalent of the stock Theed map.

To that end, I'm taking inspiration from DICE's version of Theed, but with some differences. For one thing, the intent is for there to still be the original six command posts. The only change that I want to make is to have flying vehicles spawned in as well.

While I am making this for my own mods (in particular, a mod I have not publicly announced on this board) I am working to make it compatible with the stock game as well. So while there will be spawned starfighters in the version shipped with my mod, I may not spawn them in for the 'stock replacement' unless I create a new starfighter LVL to load in.

Here is my plan:

[spoiler][/spoiler]

Here is progress so far.

[spoiler]
[/spoiler]
In Progress:
--Star Wars: Battlefront - Anniversary Edition (formerly Star Wars: Battlefront - Legacy Edition)

On Hold:
--Star Wars Battlefront: Elite Squadron For SWBF1
--Endor: Imperial Base

So basically, experience Sereja's if you want to explore a recreation of interior locations and play yours for the portions outside of the palace?

I like the sound of that.

Looks great! Hit me up if you need any texture assistance; I'm less lazy nowadays.

Quote from: Michaeluj on June 29, 2020, 04:38:28 AM
So basically, experience Sereja's if you want to explore a recreation of interior locations and play yours for the portions outside of the palace?

I like the sound of that.

Something like that, though the layout is very much more influenced by DICE's take on Theed. Sereja's Theed is great, but it includes every major landmark from the films, including interiors, and I didn't really need that.

Quote from: Unit 33 on June 29, 2020, 04:55:27 AM
Looks great! Hit me up if you need any texture assistance; I'm less lazy nowadays.

Thank you :)
In Progress:
--Star Wars: Battlefront - Anniversary Edition (formerly Star Wars: Battlefront - Legacy Edition)

On Hold:

Wow looks interesting! Can't wait to play!  :D
Silly little guy.

June 29, 2020, 11:15:51 AM #5 Last Edit: June 29, 2020, 11:18:21 AM by Giftheck
Starting on the riverbanks. Once I've done these I'll get the spawn paths and basic planning in.

[spoiler]
[/spoiler]

This will be the playable area, the rest will just be for show.

[spoiler][/spoiler]
In Progress:

On Hold:

Some more progress on Theed.

[spoiler]

[/spoiler]

I have the planning, spawn paths and vehicle spawns all in place and I've tested the map already (though before I started adding the decor) It's playing quite well. Hopefully it'll be quite fun once I'm finished with it.

The first shot shows the hangar, which is using the DICE model with stock textures ATM. It's already a low poly model given it's only meant to be seen at a distance and is out of bounds. However, my intention is to replace it with one of my own making - this is just there to give an idea of scale and placement.
In Progress:

On Hold:

i love the river canals how did you make those ?
mods and maps in progress:<br />--Bf1 expanded edition 3.0 version
-- bf1 tcw battles
-- bf1 seasons mod season 1
-- bf2 expanded edition tbh

Using Sereja's canal walls, and with a lot of patience to get the right shape.

I'm munging a new build right now, it has most of the main prop work done for the playable area, and I'll be recording a video to show off here.
In Progress:

On Hold:

cool cant wait to see what it looks like.
mods and maps in progress:<br />--Bf1 expanded edition 3.0 version
-- bf1 tcw battles
-- bf1 seasons mod season 1
-- bf2 expanded edition tbh

In Progress:

On Hold:

Another video, much further progress. The stream is completely in, and a lot of the background buildings are.

In Progress:

On Hold:

One last video to tide you over: pre-beta gameplay of the N-1 Starfighter, and a flyover of the map.

I plan on releasing V1 of the map on Monday  :cheer: The beta went out yesterday.
In Progress:

On Hold:

In Progress:

On Hold: