SWBFGamers 5v5 "Highlander" Tournament (Tournament Map Out)

Started by SleepKiller, July 30, 2013, 02:12:44 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Start Date? (Only vote if you intend to join.)

14th of January
1 (14.3%)
21st of January
2 (28.6%)
28th of January
3 (42.9%)
4th of Febuary
1 (14.3%)

Total Members Voted: 7

Voting closed: January 10, 2014, 03:02:49 AM

July 30, 2013, 02:12:44 AM Last Edit: January 14, 2014, 09:37:07 PM by SleepKiller
The tournament map is out, http://www.swbfgamers.com/index.php?topic=7474.msg80755#new. Everyone participating in the tournament will need this map. If some of your team members don't check on the site be sure to send them the download link!

Okay guys, it's go go go.

New poll on what sides to play as is up in the signup thread. Go vote! I won't be allowing the Republic or CIS as both their special units wouldn't work in this style of tournament. (Not saying I won't change that view if a lot of people want to play as the Republic or CIS.)

Check out and discuss the rules here.
http://www.swbfgamers.com/index.php?topic=7455.0

http://www.swbfgamers.com/index.php?topic=7451.0

The answer to what map will be played is Cloud City, I think I can safely remove the poll and put up another given the massive percent of the vote it had.

Cloud City becuz cloudz r awsme 12 (80%)
Citadel, I like the cold 1 (6.7%)
Mos guyz, it's hot and gud fun1!111!1!!!! 2 (13.3%)

We have our start date.

14th of January 1 (14.3%)
21st of January 2 (28.6%)
28th of January 3 (42.9%)
4th of Febuary 1 (14.3%)

And the answer to what side will be played.

Rebels, freedom is where it is at! 11 (52.4%)
Imperials, because enslaving a galaxy it totally ethical. 10 (47.6%)

Original Post
[spoiler][EDIT]
The original idea has changed a little after Unit 33 suggested Highlander rules.

So we've done duels in the past and we've done clan tournaments in the past. But we haven't had a proper team tournament yet. I am all keen to organize one and want to know if anyone is interested. It would be a round robin tournament to make sure each team got to fight one another.

I'm already drafting rules.

The 5 players on each team must play as one of the 5 classes. There can only be one of each class per team.
On TF2 these are known as "Highlander" games because "There can only be one".

Alternatively the games could be 4 vs 4 without special units for balance (if it is so wished).

Each round matches could be fought on a different map to keep things fresh. So first round all matches take place on CC, next Citidal, etc. And ticket count would be 50 or 100 to account for the low amount of players. EDIT: Deagle says that a normal ticket count would works well for 5v5.

Teams themselves could be comprised of any players. (I have more in-depth rules written done. But for now this will do.)

Thoughts? Interested? [/spoiler]

There have been quite a few tournaments with teams before. Outside of this though, (212) hosted a couple and so did 21 Century even more recently. However the rules you have come up with are something I'd be quite interested in :D But whoever is the trooper... Good Luck to them! 

Tbh I am not a real fan of modified rules (without special units etc.), but this highlander thing sounds pretty cool.
I could probably get a team together for something like this and I could host EU servers aswell.

But for the ticket count, I can assure you that 200-300 tickets is normal and works well for 5v5. If CPs are captureable ofc.

I too would be interested in this. It reminds me of the class game me and Shazam sometimes do. We would basically duel 1v1, however we would both start off with trooper. The person who gets killed goes to the rocket class, and so on and so on. Basically who ever dies 5x loses. :P

But enough of me explaining another game, this does sound fun, I'l need to hunt down some players, provided this takes place before September. :P

Well I'd certainly be down for it. I've had fun with it in TF2, I'm sure it'll be fun in SWBF.

I don't know about a whole tournament but it sounds like a fun idea so I would like to play.
I play less now but I'll always be around, lets keep this site and battlefront going. :)

You can count me in as long as this tournament doesn't interfere with the ICW3.

Quote from: {Alpha}Gold Man on July 30, 2013, 08:17:42 AM
I'll need to hunt down some players, provided this takes place before September. :P

:friend: PICKMEPICKME

Quote from: {PLA}gdh92 on July 30, 2013, 09:26:25 AM
I don't know about a whole tournament but it sounds like a fun idea so I would like to play.
I intend to have the rules for teams giving room for teams to have drop in players when ever they need. If it doesn't work out then we know not to try this again :P

Also radar will be banned as will any gameplay modifying mods (Visual mods will still be allowed, unless people don't want them to be allowed).

All battles will take place on special addon maps to prevent radar from being used. It will only prevent radar, I'm counting on you all being good sports and not to abuse the ability to use visual mods by using stuff like walls you can see through. Which yes, is a gameplay mod.

What do people think would be a good start date?

Quote from: SleepKiller on July 30, 2013, 05:20:09 PM
Also radar will be banned as will any gameplay modifying mods (Visual mods will still be allowed, unless people don't want them to be allowed).

All battles will take place on special addon maps to prevent radar from being used. It will only prevent radar, I'm counting on you all being good sports and not to abuse the ability to use visual mods by using stuff like walls you can see through. Which yes, is a gameplay mod.
[FC] does not intend to participate in this tournament, although someone asked me if we would, the answer is no.

Quote from: Phobos on July 30, 2013, 06:22:16 PM
[FC] does not intend to participate in this tournament, although someone asked me if we would, the answer is no.
Jolly good thing it isn't a clan tournament isn't it then? Clans aren't participating, teams are. A team could be made up of 2 PLA members and 2 random community members for instance. Anybody is welcome to form their own team with friends if they want to get in on the fun.

Quote from: SleepKiller on July 30, 2013, 06:32:08 PM
Jolly good thing it isn't a clan tournament isn't it then? Clans aren't participating, teams are. A team could be made up of 2 PLA members and 2 random community members for instance. Anybody is welcome to form their own team with friends if they want to get in on the fun.
Yes that is good then, good luck to all participators.

Do you care if we try to find team members here, or would you rather us PM?  'Cause I have no clue who the other 4 members of my team will be.  :panic:

Quote from: SleepKiller on July 30, 2013, 06:32:08 PM

Na aw.  2 + 2 does not equal 5.

Im guessing its going to be in tunngle?
I would love to be on a team. I might just have to get tunngle for this.