SWBFGamers: The Battle Royale

Started by SleepKiller, July 05, 2013, 01:55:37 AM

Previous topic - Next topic
July 05, 2013, 01:55:37 AM Last Edit: July 07, 2013, 02:24:24 AM by UNIT 33
Hello there, welcome to the topic. Are you wondering what this topic is about? Didn't you read the title?

CLICK FOR SCREENSHOTS!1!!!!!1

So yeah it's out, go play it. If you're a mac user, regrettably Unit 33 has reported that the mod crashes on mac. A version supporting macs is not ruled out if the demand is there.

Also the CW era is normal SWBF style. (Capture CPs.) And GCW is Free For All. (Shoot anything that moves.)

Download Links/Mirrors

MediaFire
Google Drive (You'll get a message saying Google can't scan it for viruses the file is clean however and does not contain any.)
SpeedyShare
SWBFGamers (In .exe format to keep it under 64MB.)

NBAQ (Never Been Asked Questions) Well maybe a couple have been asked.

HELP! While loading the game freezes up. What is wrong? I don't know, please go into your Addon folder then into skmc2 and then finally into iofiles. In there you will find a file called log.txt. Please post the contents of it for me so I can help work out what the problem is with your game.

Where is the mini-map?! Good question, we don't know either. Actually truth be told the map is so small and I just couldn't be stuffed. You can find your way around with out one Mr.Co-Dependent.

When I submitted my class it was <INSERT DIFFERENCE HERE>, why did it get changed? Some stuff got buffed some stuff got nerfed. At the end of the day though we got a sorta balanced mod?

Why isn't my floor reflective? You need to have a graphics card capable of having water set to High for the reflective floor to be shown in all it's splendor.

Why do explosion effects sometimes not show? It's due to the reflective floor, I used a hackish method to add it after nothing else worked. (Meaning the floor actually goes is layers like this. Collision Level>Water Level>Floor Object.

Why does my lighting look bad compared to yours? Bump maps need to be switched on for the lighting to look at it's best.

Why does the loading screen sometimes stutter and take a bit longer than normal? It is the game randomly selecting your classes. While it usually does it in under a second sometimes it can take a bit longer.

The lighting is too dark, is there anything I can do to make it brighter? Yes actually see readme.txt in the map's addon folder for instructions on how to use the Mod Configuration File. It'll let you make the map brighter.

I saw a friend of mine playing with 100s of AI how can I do that? Once again see the readme.txt for instructions on how to set the AI count to be higher through the .mcf .

Does the flamethrower actually recharge? No, this is by design. The class is meant to be a long range fighter. The flamethrower is just in case someone gets up close. You should have enough fuel to kill one to two people.

I keep shooting people in FFA, why don't they die?! Put team kill on, all your problems will go away.

Will anymore classes be added in the future? Possibly yes and also no. I may release a patch once I am back from my break that will allow people to create their own expansion packs. But I won't be adding any more classes to it myself.

Finally thank you to everyone who submitted a class. (A heads up the credits file contains a list of people people listed as having had there assets used. It doesn't include everyone who submitted a class, since your class is sort of your statement on the mod.)

Expanded Credits:

[spoiler]#############################
#      SWBFGamers       #
#   The Battle Royale   #
#############################
Credits: The Expansive Addition

Mod Compiled by
     SleepKiller
     With Assistance From
     Unit 33

CONTRIBUTORS:

-Sleepkiller-
.Extensive class randomisation scripting
.Map creation (And all that entails)
.Weapon Sound Effects
.Weapon Effects
.Extensive Weapon .odf edits
.Class Moderation
.Fixed SWBF2 Markslady .msh
.Primary Testing

-Unit 33-
.HK-47 re-skin
.StormTrooper Officer re-skin
.M1A1 re-skin
.Imperial Stock Pistol re-skin
.Map prop re-textures
.StormTrooper re-skin (Led)
.Wundewaffe Sound Effect
.Major Kusanji re-skin
.Weapon .odfs
.Scientist Lab Coat for Blaine skin
.SWBF2 Rebel Markslady re-skin
.Arc Trooper re-skin (Comfrost)
.Secondary Testing

-Taivyx-
.M1A1 Model

-Sereja-
."V" from the V for Vendetta franchise model
."Sereja" (Luke re-skin)
.Wundewaffe DG-2 Model
.ACP Shotgun Model

-Tirpider-
.Modified Tusken
.StormTrooper Officer kistbash
.Count Dooku Luke Skywalker kitbash

-Led-
.Randomisation Scripts

-Psych0fred-
.Ported Major Kusangi model initially by graves

-RogueKnight-
.Tusken Cycler Reskin

-CodaRez-
.Armoured Rebel Model
.Tusken Cycler Model

-Snake-
.Snake Mando re-skin
.Weapon .odfs

-Phobos-
.ACP Shotgun re-skin

-Shazam-
.Armoured Rebel re-skin

-DBiz-
.DarkTrooper re-skin

-Republic Commando-
.SWBFII Heavy Clone Trooper re-skin
.JumpTrooper Cannon/Rifle

-Ares-
.Rainbow Laser Effect

-411 Remnant-
.DarkTrooper re-skin (Patriotic eddition)

-Gogie-
.HK-47 Model

-Wazmol-
.Ported Gaffi Stick from Jedi Knight 2

-Abdyla-
.JumpTrooper Cannon/Rifle texture

-FragMe!-
.Model Exporting

"Blaine The Scientist Assets"
by Phobos, Tirpider, Unit 33, Sereja, and Ares
- Unit & Weapon ODFs + Character invented by Phobos based on zombie dream
- "Luke Dooku" Kitbashing Dooku head to Luke body by Tirpider

FEATURED CHALLANGERS
(Each are responsible for their respective class designs)

#################################
#   KEY          #
#   * = Submitted odfs   #
#################################

~AF!zZingGunFlower
Unit33 *
GoldMan
Phobos *
Sleepkiller *
Led
Kitfisto
Dbiz *
Snake *
Republic Commando
Shazam *
Sereja *
411 Remnant
ComfrostCinnamon[/spoiler]

I attempted to rigorously test this, unfortunately that was soon abandoned as the mod is TOO FUN.

I'll make some points because I can't be bothered organising them into a cohesive paragraph:

.So, visually it's fantastic, the Screenshots don't quite do it justice, it's  much better to see it in motion, especially with those mad gun effects
.All classes are suitably OP, especially... well I'll let you find out
.You'll find that surviving FFA mode with 300 bots and 9999 is one of the hardest challenges in SWBF
.You have to ability to destroy other forum members in the ring of honour!
.Intense close quarters combat with bots, FUN!
.LASERS
.New and exciting sound effects!
.EXPLOSIONS
.Stuff

Why are you still reading? Go play it now.

July 6 you said you would release it? Good thing you are way ahead of me in time zones!

This will be the first thing I play when I boot up SWBF today. I'll post my reaction. But seeing the screenshots and hearing Unit I don't think it will be readable. ;)

I don't think the whole entire back story of how the mod was made, who edited what, who edited that edit (I edited other peoples edits ALOT to get my work) is really needed, who in heaven's name is going to read that giant text file?

Hehe, RocketLauncher XE4 Ftw!

The effects are brilliant! The only two things that I thought were sort of over powered were me and Snake incarnated in an AI. lol

I thought you were going to use the Jetpack guy, but I think that would have made him way overpowered xD

Do you grant permission to use these sides/units in other mods?

This is awesome! I just played it for a while, and man, it's ridiculous.

Quote from: Phobos on July 05, 2013, 08:22:09 AM
Do you grant permission to use these sides/units in other mods?
It'd be awesome to use these sides on other maps.  :tu:

I'm playing this now. It's a fun map, there's so much variety in the units and the map is well made. I like the ability to change the amounts of AI as well. The only minor problem is that some of the units are better than others but that's to be expected.
Thanks to everyone involved. :)
I play less now but I'll always be around, lets keep this site and battlefront going. :)

Quote from: {PLA}gdh92 on July 05, 2013, 09:08:00 AM
I'm playing this now. It's a fun map, there's so much variety in the units and the map is well made. I like the ability to change the amounts of AI as well. The only minor problem is that some of the units are better than others but that's to be expected.
Thanks to everyone involved. :)
Which units do you think are the most overpowered? And which ones are the most underpowered?

Quote from: Phobos on July 05, 2013, 09:15:06 AM
Which units do you think are the most overpowered? And which ones are the most underpowered?
I think Sereja's got to be one of the most overpowered, it takes a lot to kill him.
Although I'd say even some of the less modified units still stand a good chance, for instance GunFlower basically uses the stock mortar launcher, and yet he is easily capable of taking down some of the heavily armed units.
Led's pretty OP too, what with the throwing mines.

Quote from: Phobos on July 05, 2013, 09:15:06 AM
It's more a few overpowered weapons/abilities than anything major. For example Sereja's high health makes him hard to be defeated, especially as he can fly which makes him harder to be hit and Leds rocket pistol is very accurate/quick. It's not necessarily a bad thing though as they can make the map more or less of a challenge for you. 
I've also played it a bit more since my last post and most of the units with stock weapons (or close to stock) are actually ok once you get the hang of them. Overall apart from a few weapons I would say it's a well balanced mod.
I play less now but I'll always be around, lets keep this site and battlefront going. :)

July 05, 2013, 09:43:39 AM #11 Last Edit: July 05, 2013, 09:51:49 AM by Shazam
Honestly, I think my unit is waaaaay overpowered. When I submitted it, I actually thought mine would be one of the weaker units. :shrug:
I also thought Remnant's, RepCom's, and Led's unit were a little overpowered.

I personally found that the tirpider's tusken, the pink sniper chick (I forgot the name), and Gold Man's unit were underpowerered.

edit:  Did any of the units have 5 weapons? It'd be fun to play this online.

I thought the Tusken was underpowered at first but it makes up in close combat. :)

July 05, 2013, 10:48:19 AM #13 Last Edit: July 05, 2013, 10:59:37 AM by tirpider
Haven't gotten to play as the Tusken yet, but I've swung that gaffi enough in my test worlds :P
You just can't get near a melee equipped unit and live. So I recommend being sneaky when playing Tusken.

It's fun exploring all the different units.

Only played through twice so far, but haven't seen any bugs yet.

I like the lighting and effects.

-edit
After another couple of rounds, I really really like the temple.
This is a well done small map.
Not too tight, not giant.
Everything makes sense where it is (if that makes sense).