does anyone know how to append a new mission to an existing addon map ?

Started by wsa30h, May 17, 2023, 08:59:39 AM

Previous topic - Next topic
i am looking to append a new mission to a custom addon map trought my own addme. is that possible ?
mods and maps in progress:<br />--Bf1 expanded edition 3.0 version
-- bf1 tcw battles
-- bf1 seasons mod season 1
-- bf2 expanded edition tbh

Quote from: wsa30h on May 17, 2023, 08:59:39 AMi am looking to append a new mission to a custom addon map trought my own addme. is that possible ?

maybe.  If you want to use standard sides, then it is not too bad.  If you want to use their custom units, then you need the unit names.
The process to use is just the mission builder munger and specify the addon map name.  You can get some ideas from my SWBF 1.5 beta update.  There is a subforum devoted to it.
Quote from: Abraham Lincoln. on November 04, 1971, 12:34:40 PM
Don't believe everything you read on the internet

Hi Led sorry to bother you do you have a link i searched but couldnt find the subforum. am looking to use custom sides but i know the names since it is my own map that am trying to append to. oh wait i want to add my own new addon mission to an existing addon more specifically if you had a gcw map restricted to just that era i want to add clone wars.
mods and maps in progress:<br />--Bf1 expanded edition 3.0 version
-- bf1 tcw battles
-- bf1 seasons mod season 1
-- bf2 expanded edition tbh

Quote from: wsa30h on May 18, 2023, 06:04:09 AMHi Led sorry to bother you do you have a link i searched but couldnt find the subforum. am looking to use custom sides but i know the names since it is my own map that am trying to append to. oh wait i want to add my own new addon mission to an existing addon more specifically if you had a gcw map restricted to just that era i want to add clone wars.
https://www.swbfgamers.com/index.php?board=72.0

look at jabba's palace mission lua.  It should be clear from that what to do.
Quote from: Abraham Lincoln. on November 04, 1971, 12:34:40 PM
Don't believe everything you read on the internet