SWBF Custom Map Review (W/links)

Started by Ryanoceros, January 25, 2009, 12:30:34 PM

Previous topic - Next topic
Anybody having trouble installing Death Star: Interior? I've only downloaded a couple of maps, (Most with the help of JK though) so it could just be my inexperience, but I've extracted, copied, pasted, and all that, but it's still not in my map list.

That's strange. I know people on both mac and pc that use that map. It's pretty reliable.
It could be that you have too many maps in your AddOn folder. 24 max.

Perhaps we could do a re-upload of that map. It might be a bad link.

#TYBG

Interior? if it's dea1, it's in the MPC downloads section. try getting it from there.

(•̪●)=ε/̵͇̿̿/'̿'̿ ̿ ̿̿ ̿ ̿"" (-_-*)

Now with pictures! Woot!

Thanks a lot Ryan! I know whenever I make a new map I get nervous wondering what score I'll get from from Ryan! :D

This list helps a lot

Can I get rid of the RAR files in there to make more space? Or do I need those? I have less than 24 files in the add on folder, BTW, so it's not that.

Ah I know what the problem is!
You put the folder named "dea1" in the addon. Not the other stuff  or folders.
To make sure you install the right folder, check... The dea1 folder will have the "addme.script" and "data" folder inside.
Just install the dea1 folder and you'll be good to go.

Hmm. Some of those pictures have that infamous graphics error or the 'black circle of death'
you can remedy that by turning most of the video options down to nil. (usually just the shadow effects?)

If a picture doesn't work, just let me know which picture for whichever map, and I'll fix it.
I found a couple already. I had the wrong url's.

I have my all my graphic settings on "low". And I had Dea1 in the add on.

September 17, 2009, 02:46:53 PM #72 Last Edit: September 17, 2009, 03:37:38 PM by Ryanoceros
Mac or PC? What operating system do you use?
... and have you installed and played other custom maps before? Or, is this the first time?

September 22, 2009, 06:53:06 PM #73 Last Edit: September 22, 2009, 06:57:34 PM by ~{PLA}~ Seth
Ok, I got it on my map list, but whenever I select GCW then Launch, it'll close BF and say, "Cannot open mission.lvl" It did this both of the times I tried it. I haven't tried it in CW but I'm guessing I'll get the same result.

Yeah, I just tried it, same result. I play on PC, BTW.

I use Mac, so I can't help you in this. Maybe one of the PC users can help figure it out.