Tournament - Class Action - Date: TBA

Started by Hardcore, July 05, 2009, 12:20:23 AM

Previous topic - Next topic
A one day fight to see who is the overall champ of SWBF units.

Alright, so the objective of this tournament is purely to see who can fight best with each unit and combine the scores to see who is the overall best.- people will get some special points in this tournament but i will post the scoring tomorrow. The tournament will be played in 5 maps, for the 5 units, each map everyone that plays uses the troop for that map, listing in the line of Rifle troopers, Heavy troopers, Pilots, Snipers, and Special (GCW only for balance).

Naboo: Airfield (nabair1) - Rifle Trooper - This is pending if BD chooses to release the final version before this tournament.
Death Star: Interior (dea1) - Rocket Trooper
Tatooine: Jabba (tat3) - Pilot Trooper
Maze (maz1)  - Sniper Trooper
Taking suggestions for Special Trooper map- GCW ONLY.

Ill update tomorrow with a for sure map list and arrangements for a host please post if you are willing to host. (the maps will be based on the best map for that unit)

So thoughts on this insane idea? i'm looking for a 30 player epic rifle trooper battle :)
QuoteSow the wind and reap the whirlwind
Through the rain and through the shine
Only something with a meaning can stand the test of time

July 05, 2009, 12:35:06 AM #1 Last Edit: July 05, 2009, 12:39:41 AM by Commander Gree
Count me in please! I wonder who gave you that idea...  :happy:

"Your foe is well equipped, well-trained, battle-hardened. He believes his gods are on his side. Let him believe what he will. We have the tanks on ours."

Ah heck I'll join in, I can work on nabair a bit more today, the next release should be in the next few days

I'll join, though is this in DC or GR?

Good idea, just a few things.

We should also do another map so that the wookie people get to play Dark Trooper and vice-versa (Maybe for the pilots too, as they are completely different).

I suggest for the special map to be Rhen Vahr Citadel

Also, snipers on maze? That's a mostly close quarters map!. Try Cloud City, or Harbor.
I make signatures!

Hetalia FTW!

Quote from:  aghaha zorba, I'm going to remember you said that

dangerous narcotics are god's way of saying that its ok for idiots to auto-darwinate

I like the idea, but maze for sniper? i dont mind much since im pretty good at maze especially with sniper, but im just thinking about everyone else....

And a map suggestion for special would have to be a close quarters map that is indoors maybe, like Jabba. This is so that the jet doesnt have such the ability to run and heal if he gets damaged, the wookie can run as well. Maybe make attack of the pig's the special map? xD

_(VS)_ Head Lead
Yankee

ah i may as well try and come. if i remember
hit me up on xFire sometime: thetwilightw0rm

@Rhino: It will be a DC - and it looks like Yankee has stepped up to hosting it.

@Zorba: Yes I'm having trouble figuring what to do about the pilots and special troopers, in practice the pilots could also "fly" ships but that leads to once the ships are killed off one side will be spawn killing the rest of the map, along with only being Bespin: Platforms for star fighter battle, but if its ground it is as you say almost like a different unit, so i'm still considering what to do (have it as a air battle with ships only....would pretty much need a new map built for that) or have it as a ground battle in some close combat map.

Also, Maze is a close quarters combat map, but the sniper is extremely effective at close quarters, with the fact that it is also a range map if you walk outside, and outside is a very effective place for a sniper on Maze, however these were just ideas, not set maps. i was just trying to get the list out their at 2 am. and while harbor sounds nice, people would use tanks; and a sniper can't hold well against a tank no matter how many recons he has.

@Everyone, thanks for the support wasn't sure how this idea would play out :)
QuoteSow the wind and reap the whirlwind
Through the rain and through the shine
Only something with a meaning can stand the test of time

i think pilots should be ground to ground, and maybe make it to where the people play the map twice, once as each unit, and have someone there to make sure people are on the right teams?

_(VS)_ Head Lead
Yankee

For pilot map, maybe something like Hoth: Escape? Since that map covers both flying around and infantry

Quote from: Hardcore on July 05, 2009, 11:32:17 PM
@Rhino: It will be a DC - and it looks like Yankee has stepped up to hosting it.

@Zorba: Yes I'm having trouble figuring what to do about the pilots and special troopers, in practice the pilots could also "fly" ships but that leads to once the ships are killed off one side will be spawn killing the rest of the map, along with only being Bespin: Platforms for star fighter battle, but if its ground it is as you say almost like a different unit, so i'm still considering what to do (have it as a air battle with ships only....would pretty much need a new map built for that) or have it as a ground battle in some close combat map.

Also, Maze is a close quarters combat map, but the sniper is extremely effective at close quarters, with the fact that it is also a range map if you walk outside, and outside is a very effective place for a sniper on Maze, however these were just ideas, not set maps. i was just trying to get the list out their at 2 am. and while harbor sounds nice, people would use tanks; and a sniper can't hold well against a tank no matter how many recons he has.

@Everyone, thanks for the support wasn't sure how this idea would play out :)

Make a rule when we enter that says no tanks allowed. Its not like this is a pub match.
I make signatures!

Hetalia FTW!

Quote from:  aghaha zorba, I'm going to remember you said that

dangerous narcotics are god's way of saying that its ok for idiots to auto-darwinate