Beta Conversion Fix BF1

Started by Dark_Phantom, April 06, 2022, 07:56:37 AM

Previous topic - Next topic
Beta Conversion Fix BF1

BetaConversionFixBF1.exe

This program is a very niche use-case program which allows BF1 beta model files (March 12th, 2004, and possibly earlier) to be read correctly as a retail Xbox file.
They should then be able to be unmunged/converted to whatever version is needed. I used it to experimentally unmunge some unit models.

The overall size field in hex (right after UCFB) probably needs changed as well, I didn't program it in, if you try to use the file as is. Simply put, read the 4 bytes after ucfb as an int, take the size of the new file, subtract 8, and then put it in the field.  Simple, right? :)

All it does is fix the INFO fields on models to add 4 empty bytes.  The reverse flag is to attempt to move retail files back to beta by removing the same flags in INFO, which mostly seems to work.

BEWARE:
For maps, this does not make some of them usable.  Part of the process involved removing incompatible water layers and replacing detail maps, which this program does not do.

Credits:
Dark_Phantom - creator
Sleepkiller  - beta discussions/program help

http://www.swbfgamers.com/index.php?action=downloads;sa=view;down=1607
The BOBclan:  A Rich History

Quote from: Unit 33 on November 29, 2014, 03:44:44 AM
'Please, tell me more about the logistics of the design of laser swords being wielded by space wizards' - Some guy on the internet.