swbf-unmunge - v1.1.1

Started by SleepKiller, July 06, 2017, 10:20:57 PM

Previous topic - Next topic
October 16, 2017, 05:56:44 PM #90 Last Edit: October 16, 2017, 06:11:05 PM by 411Remnant
 :o Um....well....I guess if that idle animation is being used for personal/private use, no harm no foul. [spoiler]What I mean by that is the animator for those probaly didnt intend for people to get thier hands on them due to it being exclusive to frayedwired studios mod. I know if I was the one who created that, I would be upset. However...[/spoiler]

Contrary that is a very handy way to use this tool and it is pretty neat how many functions it has. I can see someone using this to get those custom animation files for kit fisto and assaj ventress from that official DLC battlefront 2 had for the xbox. It could be cool to see how those files function since they had extra bits of animation.

Someone mentioned the idea of sound un-mugning and while that is also a nifty idea, I think it would just be easier to find that desired sound or better yet, turn down all the audio settings in battlefront except the fx sounds, use a screen recorder that records sound, record the sound, convert the desired sound into a wav format and just munge that into your sound file. Though I do see the voice lines being something that people would have a hard time trying to extract individually using the method I suggested.
Battfront Stuff if your interested.
http://www.youtube.com/user/411Remnant

February 07, 2018, 01:45:51 PM #91 Last Edit: February 07, 2018, 01:47:54 PM by LitFam
@SleepKiller

I have seemed to have found a bug. Besides the textures UV(s) being flipped when I load a .msh model with corrected flipped textures into the .msh viewer the textures are darker and not there original brightness.

Cheek image in the attachment.

Quote from: LitFam on February 07, 2018, 01:45:51 PM
I have seemed to have found a bug. Besides the textures UV(s) being flipped when loaded into .msh viewer the textures are darker.

That's an issue with the model and not the textures. Import the model into Mod Tool then re-export it and the issue will vanish.
In Progress:
--Star Wars: Battlefront - Anniversary Edition (formerly Star Wars: Battlefront - Legacy Edition)

On Hold:
--Star Wars Battlefront: Elite Squadron For SWBF1
--Endor: Imperial Base

Mod Tool? Do you mean XSI Softimage?

Quote from: LitFam on February 07, 2018, 01:48:18 PM
Mod Tool? Do you mean XSI Softimage?

Yeah. The free version is called Softimage Mod Tool 7.5.
In Progress:
--Star Wars: Battlefront - Anniversary Edition (formerly Star Wars: Battlefront - Legacy Edition)

On Hold:

What if I can't import the model in Softimage  :'(

When I try I get a error.

Quote from: Gistech on February 07, 2018, 01:47:25 PM
That's an issue with the model and not the textures. Import the model into Mod Tool then re-export it and the issue will vanish.
Any idea what exactly is at fault here? Material colour? Vertex colours? I'll try to remember to take a look at this sometime soon.

February 07, 2018, 02:41:02 PM #97 Last Edit: February 07, 2018, 02:55:35 PM by Gistech
Quote from: SleepKiller on February 07, 2018, 02:38:33 PM
Any idea what exactly is at fault here? Material colour? Vertex colours? I'll try to remember to take a look at this sometime soon.

I'm not entirely sure myself. I tried importing a few meshes from an unmunged version of Gogie's Scarif (he gave me permission to do so) and once I imported them, I simply followed the 'normal procedure' for imported objects (such as hiding lowres, collisions and shadowvolumes) and then re-exported, and the models came out as normal.
In Progress:

On Hold:

So, AnthonyBF2 is working on a PSP SWBF2 mod. I thought I'd try this on the PSP version, as it is supposed to be very similar to the PS2 build.

It works... sort of. It can't rip everything. But it rips a lot from my test (rep.lvl)
In Progress:

On Hold:

Gistech are there working textures?

Quote from: Ginev on February 10, 2018, 11:36:41 PM
Gistech are there working textures?

No.
In Progress:

On Hold:

There is a new minor release out. It includes fixes that improve the output of extracted models (such as fixing the normals on hardskinned meshes, which I believe was causing the darkening LitFam posted above) and some cool new stuff.

The big highlight for me that I worked on was adding support for Xbox files (both models and textures) and PS2 textures (while also fixing up PS2 model extraction). As a small example attached below is a screenshot one of the DLC heroes extracted from the Xbox DLC files.

I mean the ability to extract the console files is almost completely useless but I had a lot of fun implementing it. See the full changelog and download the new release on GitHub.

Looking forward to test the new version later today :cheers: if I find any bugs I will report them.

YES! Console support is actually a lot more useful than you might think, especially for those of us who work on console-based mods.

On a different note if I sent a few specific PC map lvls to you could you take a look at them? These were old files I got permission for from the Conversion Pack days, and I'd like to use them in the Xbox mod. The problem is these files (well, really one map in particular) don't output the .wld file, and so I can't rebuild the assets.

That being said I've been able to recover a few maps with this tool, which is amazing. Honestly you've done so much to revitalize things.

Quote from: Teancum on February 15, 2018, 06:08:24 PM
YES! Console support is actually a lot more useful than you might think, especially for those of us who work on console-based mods.

On a different note if I sent a few specific PC map lvls to you could you take a look at them? These were old files I got permission for from the Conversion Pack days, and I'd like to use them in the Xbox mod. The problem is these files (well, really one map in particular) don't output the .wld file, and so I can't rebuild the assets.

That being said I've been able to recover a few maps with this tool, which is amazing. Honestly you've done so much to revitalize things.

You could copy the wlrd section from the map file and paste it into its own level file, then unmunge it.
Never let a person named AnthonyBF2 touch your BF2.