Units instantly die, off the edge of the map?

Started by Ty294, February 05, 2020, 09:09:07 PM

Previous topic - Next topic
So, I'm working on a map that I realized was too small for my intended purposes. I have one spawn point for the local faction pretty far away from the rest of the action, but it was outside the confines of the map and so everything there instantly died. I resized the terrain to 1024x1024, hoping this would allow me to deal with the issue without having to move or replace all of my objects. Sadly, this problem is still happening.

Is there another step to resizing terrain or the edges of a pre-existing map, or do I pretty much just need to restart this thing? On that matter... how would I go about doing that in a way that will ensure I have the right sized map to start with? I used to think there was a "new map" option somewhere, but now that I look I don't see anything. Do I just copy from the DataTemplate and rename?

your map cant be bigger than 256x256 i found that out when i tried to make a 512x512 and the same thing happened.
you can copy your current terrain by clicking marrique or something like that and holding down shift and the dragging to highlight the teerain the press control and c. then resize your terrain back to 256x256.
mods and maps in progress:<br />--Bf1 expanded edition 3.0 version
-- bf1 tcw battles
-- bf1 seasons mod season 1
-- bf2 expanded edition tbh

Oh, didn't realize I couldn't make the map bigger. Always thought it was possible, but I guess I am misremembering. Appreciate it.

it is possible but only in swbf2
mods and maps in progress:<br />--Bf1 expanded edition 3.0 version
-- bf1 tcw battles
-- bf1 seasons mod season 1
-- bf2 expanded edition tbh