Object not appearing on the map after I munge, what am I doing wrong?

Started by mat1313, September 03, 2019, 03:55:29 PM

Previous topic - Next topic
Hi everyone!

I'm new to modding battlefront (and to the forum too) and after messing around for a long time today I successfully managed to add my first custom object to my map and munge it. The problem is the object doesn't show up when I play the game. The object is a simple cube, it has a 1024x1024 tge texture and it looks perfect in the SWBFViewer and in Zeroeditor too. After I munged the map and tried it I couldn't find it anywhere. :confused:

What am I doing wrong?

Perhaps you also need an ODF (object definition file), a req file, and collision.

A good way to check what you might need is to look at a stock map, find an object, and then look through the files for the other required information.

For example, here is a fountain in cloud city:
bes2_bldg_courtyard_fountain.odf

[GameObjectClass]       

ClassLabel      =   "prop"
GeometryName    =   "bes2_bldg_courtyard_fountain.msh"

[Properties]       

GeometryName    =   "bes2_bldg_courtyard_fountain"

SoundProperty = "minifall"
FoleyFXGroup    = "metal_foley"

also, welcome to the site  :cheers:
Quote from: Abraham Lincoln. on November 04, 1971, 12:34:40 PM
Don't believe everything you read on the internet

Thank you for your reply! :)

I already had the odf file, but I realised since what was the problem. I forgot to install the 1.3 patch.  :slap:
I had it installed on the steam version, but I've switched to the GOG version not so long ago and I forgot to install it there too. Now my cube appears on the map as intended.

EDIT: The weird thing for me was that Battlefront 2 opened the munged map without crashing while missing the 1.3 patch, the terrain was good, just I couldn't find my object.

Thanks for the help again even though I was the big dummy.