Breakdown's Modding Guide [PC- Only]

Started by Hardcore, January 22, 2009, 06:35:13 PM

Previous topic - Next topic
Thanks Led, I will try it out right now! Well actually right in a few minutes, I got to take my shower I work in a more dirty job at a chicken hatchery.

November 12, 2014, 05:52:54 PM #31 Last Edit: November 19, 2014, 03:44:50 PM by Unit 33
Thanks Led! I'll try it out right now! Well.... actually in a little bit, I got some things to do first.

Sorry something must have happened so it sent 2 different times when I retried posting.

[EDIT]

Okay I am still having problems with my Zero Editor (That I talked about on this forum page. http://www.swbfgamers.com/index.php?topic=8475.msg91434#msg91434) but now I am trying on my Windows 7 computer, and I tried it with your updates, and it still saying the same thing. Does anyone have suggestions?!?!?! I so want to make these cool maps I have in mind in my head, I think you guys will like them!

If you are reading the file, you have successfully extracted the mod tools folder.
IMPORTANT:  It is best to have this extracted to C:LucasArtsBFBuilder.
You can have this on another hard drive, such as F:LucasArtsBFBuilder.
VERY IMPORTANT:  You cannot extract this to a folder that contains spaces.
For example C:Program FilesBFBUILDER will not work. <======================

Does that mean that it won't work to save it on the hard drive for my computer because it is named OS (C:)?

If so where would you suggest me to save it to or where should I have LucasArtsBFBuilder located so I can extract it to that location?

I have my laptop working again, so now I want to see if I can save this on my laptop so I can use BFBuilderPRO/Zeroeditor on it.

OS (C:/) isn't the actual name.

If you click on the address bar, 'OS (C:)' turns into "C:/blahblahblah/"
What might not work out is "C:\Program Files (x86)" because of the space between Program and Files, and between files and (x86).

What the file is saying, is that you can have it on any 'disk'/drive (A:/, B:/, C:/, D:/, etc), but spaces in folder names are a no-go.

'C:/BFBuilder/' works for my Windows 7 32bit laptop just fine.

Quote from: -RepubliqueCmdr- on January 31, 2015, 08:36:34 PM
'C:/BFBuilder/' works for my Windows 7 32bit laptop just fine.
thats what i use, and i have seperate SOUND folder in BFBuilder as well for munging custom sounds, but it doesnt work on 64bit yet.

C:/BFBuilder is recommended.

Thanks guys! My zero-editor works this way on my laptop. I have windows 7 home premium service pack 1 on my laptop x86 64-bit yet it can accept a few 32-bit things which is strange, anyways I don't have any special chip for gaming in the laptop and it works just great.

Though my computer tower is windows 7 professional service pack 1 x86 64-bit and I do have a gaming chip and that is NVIDIA and it still doesn't work on that computer.

Though the processor is way different it only has 2 more GB's and 5.1 more GHz's (AMD Athlon(tm) II X4 630 Processor 2.81 GHz) and my laptop is (Intel(R) Core(TM) i5-2410M CPU @ 2.30GHz 2.30GHz).

Well maybe this will help others out for feature terms of problems, maybe even me x-P. But for now I am good with this as long as I have one, and hey at least its on my laptop, because now my work for maps and stuff can be transported with me where I go instead of having to put it on a external hard drive or flash drive/ USB drive excreta....

Anyways thank you all for your help, now to learn to make maps so I can finally make those dream maps I've always wanted to make! YES!!!!!!!!!!!!! WOOOHOOOO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

By the way I just saved myself hassle and named it LucasArtsBFBuilder so I don't have to have a BFBuilder folder inside the LucasArts folder.

Quote from: Samistheone on February 04, 2015, 08:42:53 PM
Thanks guys! My zero-editor works this way on my laptop. I have windows 7 home premium service pack 1 on my laptop x86 64-bit yet it can accept a few 32-bit things which is strange.
32bit applications are normally compatible on 64bit operating systems. It just doesn't fly well the other way around.

Note: Don't burn yourself out, or create a million project files, or download a crap ton of assets to use initially.

That, on top of not knowing what the heck you're doing and getting frustrated.. You'll be sick of even seeing the words "mod", "battlefront", or "request" if you do (ask me how I know).

November 04, 2015, 05:09:25 AM #37 Last Edit: November 06, 2015, 04:24:13 AM by jedidavebo
Excellent post! Completely new to modding swbf. I'm using the BoPC edition. I was able to install the tools on windows 8 64bit successfully. I even made it through step one!
I would like to make a suggestion as a beginner, if I may. I know this is a old how-to and not sure if it is updated anymore but could you add a link to a guide describing how to add your newly created mod into swbf since you do not cover that topic in step one. I think that would be very helpful to a beginner. Thanks again for a great how-to!

It's working, It's working... or appears to be.  I have 8.1 and so far i have had success modding republic weapons. 

Thanks for the link Led!!

Quote from: Hardcore on January 22, 2009, 06:35:13 PM
Double click the "Clean" button. A black window will appear really fast and dissapear. Then select "Munge" and double click it. A black window with text writing in it will appear again. This one should stay for a while. Wait until a "MungeLog.txt" window appears, exit it out, and exit the black window then go back to the BFBuilder Folder.

NOTE: The cleaning and munging procedure is needed everytime you want to compile a mod

In the BFBuilder folder open up AddOn. The only folder in there should be a folder with your modID in it. Double click it.

Then go to Data, _lvl_pc, and side. inside the Side folder there should be a rep.lvl inside. If not..well you did something wrong.

Now copy it, and install like a normal mod, remember to back up original rep.lvl and open the game :D (Sorry no mod installation guides here)

I'm having trouble.

First off, when I do the "munge" step, the cmd windows goes aways faster than the clean cmd window and it doesn't create a "MungeLog.txt" nor does a window of that file pop up. Probably the issue there.

When I go to the BFBuilder folder, I do NOT see an AddOn folder. I have no idea why this is happening. It's pretty frustrating considering I just jumped out of one problem that I've had for about a year and into another problem.

Any ideas on why this is happening?
Feel free to contact me on Steam, I answer instantly (Unless I'm offline):<br /><br />YouTube: https://www.youtube.com/user/roblox751123

Quote from: TheGangstarTY on July 25, 2016, 12:23:26 PM
I'm having trouble.

First off, when I do the "munge" step, the cmd windows goes aways faster than the clean cmd window and it doesn't create a "MungeLog.txt" nor does a window of that file pop up. Probably the issue there.

When I go to the BFBuilder folder, I do NOT see an AddOn folder. I have no idea why this is happening. It's pretty frustrating considering I just jumped out of one problem that I've had for about a year and into another problem.

Any ideas on why this is happening?

I think I do. You munged the side, but didn't munge the actual map. You have to do that for the side.lvl to be completed.

So once you've cleaned then munged the side, munge the actual map and see if you then have an AddOn folder with your Mod ID inside.
"Birth, pain, fear, death; the cycle of existence." -Dread Master Calphayus.

SWBF1 Maps: Tatooine: Mos Anek, Kashyyyk: Village, Naboo: Province, Tatooine: Gulch.

SWBF2 Maps: Space Carida.

Quote from: Ascertes on July 26, 2016, 11:55:43 PM
I think I do. You munged the side, but didn't munge the actual map. You have to do that for the side.lvl to be completed.

So once you've cleaned then munged the side, munge the actual map and see if you then have an AddOn folder with your Mod ID inside.

So do I have to put a stock map in there or something? I went through every .bat file in my folder and "clean and munged" them all. So I'm guessing there actually has to be a map? If so, where do I put the stock map?
Feel free to contact me on Steam, I answer instantly (Unless I'm offline):<br /><br />YouTube: https://www.youtube.com/user/roblox751123

July 27, 2016, 02:39:34 PM #44 Last Edit: July 27, 2016, 03:04:26 PM by Ascertes
Quote from: TheGangstarTY on July 27, 2016, 04:00:34 AM
So do I have to put a stock map in there or something? I went through every .bat file in my folder and "clean and munged" them all. So I'm guessing there actually has to be a map? If so, where do I put the stock map?

When you open up Battlefront Builder Pro, hit File and select the dataMod ID that you're working with. You should then have a Munge and clean tab along the top of the BBP interface.

Now, let's go back to the step with the clean and munge batch files. Do those as explained in the guide. After that, hit the Clean then Munge button in the BBP interface. The whole thing will now compile, then you should have your AddOn folder with the lvl file inside.

I hope this make sense?
"Birth, pain, fear, death; the cycle of existence." -Dread Master Calphayus.

SWBF1 Maps: Tatooine: Mos Anek, Kashyyyk: Village, Naboo: Province, Tatooine: Gulch.

SWBF2 Maps: Space Carida.