Hi! Excited to be here!

Started by AriothiTomes, June 18, 2018, 01:19:24 PM

Previous topic - Next topic
Hi everyone! Super excited to find this site as I am a HUGE fan of the original Star Wars Battlefront!

I first started playing back in 2015 when I found SW Battlefront for the original X-Box at a convention here in my hometown. My ex-gf had bought me the X-Box a couple years previous but I hadn't really gotten into playing until I got SW Battlefront. Then I pretty much became semi-obsessed lol I LOVE the game, Im still playing it every week. I haven't played the newer versions of the franchise yet, and while I love how visually impressive they are, I have heard of the issues with either game. For now, Im simply playing SW Battlefront from 2004 & 2005.

The first two games I found at conventions (really had to hunt for the second one). Im also playing the original SW Battlefront on PC as well, and Im just starting to check out the mods on the moddb site as well. I saw that there are tutorials here on the forums on creating mods so Im hoping with some time & patience & reading thru threads I can maybe one day create a couple of maps for the game myself (Id love to create a Christophsis map based on the Clone Wars series, a CIS frigate based on some of the episodes as well as Ep III, and Sundari, the capital of Mandalore, maybe even a map for Concordia, its moon & the Death Watch base camp; Im a HUGE fan of Clone Wars, tho Id love to also take a stab at a Stygian Prime map from Rebels season one & a Lothal map, maybe even a Garel spaceport/city map too).

So anyway, that is my little intro lol thanks for having me on the site!

Hey there!
Welcome to SWBFGamers :)  :cheers:
Anyder | Talent, Ops & Culture | SWBF & Player Engagement
Email: communityambassador@swbfgamers.com
SWBFSpy Discord: http://discord.swbfspy.com
SWBFSpy Info: http://info.swbfspy.com

Welcome to the site, nice to know there's still people finding the games. Hope to see you online.  :cheers:
I play less now but I'll always be around, lets keep this site and battlefront going. :)

Welcome! :cheers:
In Progress:
--Star Wars: Battlefront - Anniversary Edition (formerly Star Wars: Battlefront - Legacy Edition)

On Hold:
--Star Wars Battlefront: Elite Squadron For SWBF1
--Endor: Imperial Base

Welcome and thanks for posting   :cheers:

Let us know if we can help with anything.
Quote from: Abraham Lincoln. on November 04, 1971, 12:34:40 PM
Don't believe everything you read on the internet

Welcome! :D
AR Clan Discord: https://discord.gg/gmmSm5e | Star Wars: Battlefront - 20th Anniversary (2004-2024)

Welcome to the 'front!  :mf:
"Birth, pain, fear, death; the cycle of existence." -Dread Master Calphayus.

SWBF1 Maps: Tatooine: Mos Anek, Kashyyyk: Village, Naboo: Province, Tatooine: Gulch.

SWBF2 Maps: Space Carida.

Hi all!

After a bit of technical snafus with my laptop & remembering my login info, im back! I figured this is easier than posting a new topic here lol

I now also have SW Battlefront II on my laptop so my next to do on my list is to figure out how & where to go to play both of the games online! :)

MTFBWY!

Hi all & happy new year! So basically, my laptop died on me  Had to buy a new one a couple weeks ago go. On the upside, I have a brand new Acer Aspire 3 laptop that makes both SW Battlefront I & II look gorgeous on the HD display! So at this point, I just gotta figure out how to set up the multiplayer & Im good to go!

Ive been sidetracked a few times by some of the mods available for both games lol The Serejas Quarzite Subtram map has been a bit of a diversion, but after finding a couple of Rogue One Scarif maps for SWBFII & the Death Star Trench Run for SWBF, I was just enthralled there for a while lol

MTFBWY!

Interesting. Good Luck
See the galaxy

Hey all! Back after a hiatus  FINALLY have multiplayer working now that the new Steam update has happened with OG SW Battlefront! Cant wait to get out there & get some gaming in with you all! :D

NB Figured this was easier than posting a new threat post here lol

Welcome to the community, friend! We'll be watching your career with great interest.
The years just fly past, don't they?

I look forward to joining in! Ive already have the fun of jumping online & playing multiplayer on a couple of games on Steam. One was labeled SWBFGamers FastSpawn & the other was mods@SWBFGamers I think. I assume those are the servers or games this site is running for players! I did see that a new SWBFIFestival was just announced for May as well   :D :D :D

Sounds like them! I think them mods one is either BF 2004 or 2005, I can't remember exactly. But the two older games are less buggy than the newer EA ones
The years just fly past, don't they?

The difference between the two servers is that Mods@SWBFgamers is my server in NY, and FastSpawn is in Chicago.  The map list is obviously different too lol.
The BOBclan:  A Rich History

Quote from: Unit 33 on November 29, 2014, 03:44:44 AM
'Please, tell me more about the logistics of the design of laser swords being wielded by space wizards' - Some guy on the internet.