How to bypass the addon map limit for singleplayer?

Started by (Wusi)Trooper X, November 24, 2014, 10:02:48 AM

Previous topic - Next topic
I was wondering if there was a way to bypass the addon map limit for singleplayer? I am willing do what ever it takes to do wether its a long or short process.
History Guy! "Oh without the history..."
Archiving Guy! "Mods are Amazing they make you play the game, even when you cant play online!"

Not as far as I'm aware. You can install the 1.3 patch for use with singleplayer and run both versions so you can still play online. What I do is have 2 folders - Addon and addon backup so I can switch maps between them.

I'm not sure if there's a specific reason you want more but you could put your favourite maps in groups called Addon 1, 2, 3 etc then rename and delete the number from the end when you want to use that folder.

For example have a top 20 folder, an ICW folder and a new maps folder and just rename as you want to play them. It's a bit awkward but would only take 10 seconds when you want to play if you have a desktop shortcut and click open file location before playing.
I play less now but I'll always be around, lets keep this site and battlefront going. :)

I think Led said something about working on the 1.3 patch (or doing something to it- it's just not stable)

Hopefully if we can get something down, then maybe we can just find a way to increase the AddOn folder without stability issues.
Formerly:
{Alpha}Gen.Ultimo
[212]Cpl.Ultimo
WUSi.Whisper

It was FC wolf who was working on 1.3 nocd, not Led *
Anyder | Talent, Ops & Culture | SWBF & Player Engagement
Email: communityambassador@swbfgamers.com
SWBFSpy Discord: http://discord.swbfspy.com
SWBFSpy Info: http://info.swbfspy.com

Quote from: Anyder on November 24, 2014, 10:41:28 AM
It was FC wolf who was working on 1.3 nocd, not Led *

didnt say anything bout NoCD
Formerly:
{Alpha}Gen.Ultimo
[212]Cpl.Ultimo
WUSi.Whisper

Still wrong, nobody is doing any fix to 1.3
And also i dont think it's an unstabla version.
Anyder | Talent, Ops & Culture | SWBF & Player Engagement
Email: communityambassador@swbfgamers.com
SWBFSpy Discord: http://discord.swbfspy.com
SWBFSpy Info: http://info.swbfspy.com

Thanks guys, maybe ill just make a mod/map manger for it then.
History Guy! "Oh without the history..."
Archiving Guy! "Mods are Amazing they make you play the game, even when you cant play online!"

If you know what you're doing, you can add maps directly to shell.lvl, thus bypassing the addon map limit.
In Progress:
--Star Wars: Battlefront - Anniversary Edition (formerly Star Wars: Battlefront - Legacy Edition)
--Endor: Imperial Base

On Hold:
--Star Wars Battlefront: Elite Squadron For SWBF1

1.3 is the best solution once a patch is made but until then the folder rename trick gdh mention works well. if you dont care about breaking OC with those maps you can implement them directly into the stock missionlist.lua and global mission and it wont affect the map limit as ggctuk mentions.

Quote from: (Wusi)Trooper X on November 24, 2014, 10:02:48 AM
I was wondering if there was a way to bypass the addon map limit for singleplayer? I am willing do what ever it takes to do wether its a long or short process.

You could probably get a lvl file viewer and edit the the data {probably the mission file}
If you are good at something, never do it for attention.

Quote from: Isaac1138 on November 26, 2014, 07:28:02 PM
You could probably get a lvl file viewer and edit the the data {probably the mission file}

No.

Get 1.3 beta or add levels to your mission.lvl file and access them through the modified shell as explained already, but for the latter suggestion, you have to know what you are doing, and for the former suggestion you have to have an real 1.0 CD in your drive.

If you use 1.2, the the easiest way to deal with the add on map limit is to have a folder, you can call it "Addon-not used", and place any of your extra maps into it when you are not using them.  If you want to use them, then just drag them back into Addon.  Just be sure to leave tat3 (jabba's palace) in Addon at all times, and keep no more than approximately 20 maps in Addon.
Quote from: Abraham Lincoln. on November 04, 1971, 12:34:40 PM
Don't believe everything you read on the internet