Aion

Started by NightFalcon, August 17, 2009, 04:35:15 AM

Previous topic - Next topic
Some of you may have heard or read about it, though I'm guessing the majority of the population has not.

Its a new MMORPG that's come out, and has fantastic graphics. Since my crappy internet can work with this game its probably what I will be playing for quite some time. I've played the beta and from what I've played its amazing. Really looking forward to the full release in mid-late September.

Note: You can download it from steam

If anyone's interested in joining me, feel free to send a PM.

Check out the trailer and a few of the current in-game movies. It's said to be a competitor against WoW... but although they run on the same genre/style there are quite a few differences. If you love PvP this is definitely a game to have a look at.

Either way here is the website if you want a quick synopsis on it: http://na.aiononline.com/en/

is it free?
What's your steam ID?

It will require a monthly fee: "Monthly fee required to play: £8.99 / EUR 12,99" not sure US price but look for about $14.99. I really was intrigued by this game before I noticed the £9 monthly fee, NCSoft have disappointed me, instead of following what they did with Arenanet's Guild Wars, which has no monthly fees, just buy the game and play free from then (with a couple of microtransactions, like changing gender of a character), they have followed the other option. Sad to be honest, because it does look good, and could turn into a real WoW challenger, but just not for me.