Lord of the Rings: Strategy Battle Game

Started by Commander Gree, July 31, 2009, 01:24:51 AM

Previous topic - Next topic
July 31, 2009, 01:24:51 AM Last Edit: July 31, 2009, 03:09:56 PM by Commander Gree
Hey Guys!
Do any of you guys collect LOTR SBG? I have just started collecting, painting and gaming and am really enjoying it!
I have the Mines of Moria Starter and Mines of Moria Paint Starter Sets, as well as the Hobby Starter Set.

I'm going to try and collect Gondor, Easterings and Isengaurd Armies.

Does anyone else collect them?

"Your foe is well equipped, well-trained, battle-hardened. He believes his gods are on his side. Let him believe what he will. We have the tanks on ours."

I do :P I liked them in all areas except the painting :(

I've played it, but never collected. I used to play and collect both Warhammer 40 k and Warhammer Fantasy. (They are made by the same company, Games Workshop).

Games Workshop is a major rip off btw. They are always raising the prices. Since I started playing the price of a unit of space marines has doubled.

I make sigs

As computer games involving 40k have been coming out more (Dawn of War, new Fire Warrior supposed to be coming) and Fantasy (Mark of Chaos, Age of Reckoning: Online) the prices have been rising, it's almost becoming ridiculous now. We used to have quite a big Space Marines and another large Orks collection, as in decent size but we flogged it off a while back...

The LOTR version had me interested at one point a few years back, but I always thought the LOTR ones especially weren't value for money.

Quote from: Captain Rex on July 31, 2009, 10:52:45 AM
I do :P I liked them in all areas except the painting :(

Lol when you paint them they will starting to look like the joker xD

"Better not be at all than not be noble" - Lord Alfred Tennyson
https://www.facebook.com/SWBFGamers
https://twitter.com/swbfuniverse

They are really hard to sell these days, thats why the prices are up

I used to play :D. High Elves from the fantasy FTW nothing could be beat ma cavalry and dragon lord.

WAR online is based on it, and I considered playing

WAR Online is not based on LOTR Strat... It's based on the original Warhammer Fantasy. LOTR Online on the other hand may be.

Thats what I meant....
my subject was fantasy

Sorry didn't read the post properly, but the thread was talking about LOTR so I just presumed :P

LOTR SBG's so much better than Fantasy or 40k...  :dry:

"Your foe is well equipped, well-trained, battle-hardened. He believes his gods are on his side. Let him believe what he will. We have the tanks on ours."

I've always preferred 40k to LOTR. I just prefer the models, both in size and design, as LOTR models used to be a fair bit smaller than 40k and Fantasy ones.