Can't play as Sereja's Imperials

Started by KommissarReb, July 11, 2019, 05:25:32 AM

Previous topic - Next topic
In a custom map I'm making, the game crashes whenever I select custom units I made that use Sereja's Imperial Navytrooper, Imperial Officers, or the Probe Droid that came with BFBuilder. When I play as other units I made such as the Imperial Armytrooper (model is the unused AT-AT Commander) or the Imperial Gunner that was ported from BF2 (which also came from a Sereja map), my map plays fine and I see the AI gets to play as the units I mentioned before. The game just crashes whenever I select those units from the spawn menu.

BFront.log contains this: [spoiler]Opened logfile BFront.log  2019-07-11 0808

Message Severity: 2
.\source\LuaCallbacks_IFace.cpp(4144)
Unable to open movie file C:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\steamapps\common\Star Wars Battlefront (Classic 2004)\GameData\AddOn\car1\Data\_lvl_pc\movies\car1

.\source\EntitySoldier.cpp(6112)
Soldier imp_inf_Officer3 has geometry collision How do I fix this? could this be what's causing the problem?

.\source\Weapon.cpp(1774)
Weapon "all_weap_inf_flamethrower" missing fire point "hp_fire" This isn't missing. I don't know why this came up

Message Severity: 3
.\graphics\pc\shaders\pcTerrainShader.cpp(176)
pcTerrainShader: detail texture expects L8 format! I made the "detail" texture the geo1_bump.tga
[/spoiler] Has anyone else had this problem and could tell me what to do to fix it?
In the Soviet Army, it takes more courage to retreat than advance.

did you try removing one unit at a time to see if it is a specific unit or equipment that causes it to crash ?
mods and maps in progress:<br />--Bf1 expanded edition 3.0 version
-- bf1 tcw battles
-- bf1 seasons mod season 1
-- bf2 expanded edition tbh

Quote from: wsa30h on July 11, 2019, 06:54:46 AM
did you try removing one unit at a time to see if it is a specific unit or equipment that causes it to crash ?
I did this with the Navytrooper for example, and it said this: [spoiler]Message Severity: 3
.\source\AnimatedAddon.cpp(36)
AnimatedAddon: can't find geometry[/spoiler]

Don't know why that came up when I believe I added all the necessary files.

If it crashes after selecting, most likely it`s a weapon problem. You need to check units .odf.
Beauty is, the way to perfection.

Glory to Ukraine!  :mf:

July 11, 2019, 11:20:27 AM #4 Last Edit: July 12, 2019, 06:04:29 AM by KommissarReb
Quote from: Sereja on July 11, 2019, 10:47:22 AM
If it crashes after selecting, most likely it`s a weapon problem. You need to check units .odf.
I changed the unit's weapons to the basic ones, but also made a side test map where I took the navy trooper's files and the imperial officer's files and made a republic trooper look like the navy trooper and the officer replace the ARC troopers, and it crashed upon selection with the error in my second post.

Here's a zipfile of my test map where I tried changing the Clone Trooper and ARC Trooper to the Navytrooper and Imperial Officer respectively: https://www.dropbox.com/s/y94qc6alsz9sti1/Reskinned%20clones%20not%20working.zip?dl=0 Maybe someone can download and see what I did wrong?