The original Bespin map from SWBF 2004

Started by Luna-old, October 13, 2017, 07:34:22 AM

Previous topic - Next topic
I remember playing on a specific map on SWBF 2004 ages ago back when the multiplayer servers were up, I was wondering if there is a mod that brought that map to the SWBFII?

The years just fly past, don't they?

Do you mean Bespin: Cloud City or Bespin: Platforms? Both maps are part of the conversion pack for Battlefront 2:

http://www.moddb.com/mods/star-wars-battlefront-conversion-pack

I install the mods, and my game crashes. I've been having issues with mods ever since the patch with GoG, is there a way to fix this?

Quote from: Nyx on October 13, 2017, 07:50:17 AM
I install the mods, and my game crashes. I've been having issues with mods ever since the patch with GoG, is there a way to fix this?

At the moment, large scale mods like the conversion pack may not be compatible with the new patch as the new patch includes a modified shell.lvl which overrides the 1.3 patch if it's installed.
In Progress:
--Star Wars: Battlefront - Anniversary Edition (formerly Star Wars: Battlefront - Legacy Edition)
--Endor: Imperial Base

On Hold:
--Star Wars Battlefront: Elite Squadron For SWBF1

Quote from: Gistech on October 13, 2017, 07:56:11 AM
At the moment, large scale mods like the conversion pack may not be compatible with the new patch as the new patch includes a modified shell.lvl which overrides the 1.3 patch if it's installed.

Is there a way to make it so it doesn't override the 1.3 patch? Only Ultimate Clone Wars works currently, along with the v1.3 patch.

Quote from: Nyx on October 13, 2017, 08:04:01 AM
Is there a way to make it so it doesn't override the 1.3 patch? Only Ultimate Clone Wars works currently, along with the v1.3 patch.

I think at the moment the only advice I have heard is don't install it, or roll back if you already have. I believe they're investigating exactly what was changed in the patch and plan on releasing a 'revised' 1.3 which should allow those mods to work again.
In Progress:
--Star Wars: Battlefront - Anniversary Edition (formerly Star Wars: Battlefront - Legacy Edition)

On Hold:

Quote from: Gistech on October 13, 2017, 08:06:11 AM
I think at the moment the only advice I have heard is don't install it, or roll back if you already have. I believe they're investigating exactly what was changed in the patch and plan on releasing a 'revised' 1.3 which should allow those mods to work again.

How do I roll back from this version? Do I just install the old v1.1 patch and keep that?

Quote from: Nyx on October 13, 2017, 08:12:09 AM
How do I roll back from this version? Do I just install the old v1.1 patch and keep that?

The patch likely changed more than the shell.lvl so it might not be quite so straightforward. I don't know as I have the DVD version.
In Progress:

On Hold:

I'd like to report that I have found a mod launcher that fixes the mod crashing on launch issue; Credit goes to Marauder74 who messaged me on Discord telling me there is a mod on ModDB that fixes the issue.