Star Wars: Battlefront - Anniversary Edition (Formerly Star Wars Battlefront Legacy)

Started by Giftheck, March 07, 2016, 01:43:36 AM

Previous topic - Next topic
February 07, 2018, 03:21:25 AM #240 Last Edit: February 07, 2018, 03:31:25 AM by Gistech
Version 0.95, which should fix issues with model rendering that some has, as well as adding a couple of new maps, should be out within the next week or so. So far, I've added in the following maps as new addons:

-Coruscant: Jedi Temple (Sleepkiller - minor bug with sounds not being heard dependant on where you are in the map but it works otherwise)
-Naboo: City of Theed (Sereja)
-Mustafar: Refinery (new conversion, just got to tweak this a bit)
-Kamino: Tipoca City (GCW added in - just working on getting the streams working for this)
In Progress:
--Star Wars: Battlefront - Anniversary Edition (formerly Star Wars: Battlefront - Legacy Edition)

On Hold:
--Star Wars Battlefront: Elite Squadron For SWBF1
--Endor: Imperial Base

I'll be waiting for the next update since I dont want to reinstall the game to just see if the models are fixed.  I have many mods and graphics addons in my BF1 copy.
If you are good at something, never do it for attention.

February 07, 2018, 09:47:59 AM #242 Last Edit: February 07, 2018, 11:08:04 AM by Gistech
Quote from: Isaac1138 on February 07, 2018, 09:45:38 AM
I'll be waiting for the next update since I dont want to reinstall the game to just see if the models are fixed.  I have many mods and graphics addons in my BF1 copy.

I can tell you that, if what MikeTheBeast has said is true (and given he was able to do a video on Hero Assault ONLY as I asked him to essentially test a fix for the heroes.lvl file, I would say that his statement that it worked) the model issue has been fixed.
In Progress:
--Star Wars: Battlefront - Anniversary Edition (formerly Star Wars: Battlefront - Legacy Edition)

On Hold:

Still having issues with Mustafar, but there's a reason I haven't released V0.95 yet:

I'm going to be including Coruscant: Surface (thank you kindly to thelegend from the SWBF3Legacy team for sending me the pathing and fixed objects I needed) and Kashyyyk from Elite Squadron (thank you to Teancum). Coruscant should literally be ready soon but Kashyyyk will need quite a bit of work to get it ready (though not a literal ton of it). I'm looking forward to having these maps ready for you guys in V0.95, and I don't want these rushed. So that means a delay.
In Progress:

On Hold:

I want to see Coruscant so bad for Battlefrotn 1 :D

Quote from: Ginev on February 21, 2018, 12:12:25 AM
I want to see Coruscant so bad for Battlefrotn 1 :D

Can't wait to show it to you :D It should 100% work as I converted the 'initial' map (textured but no proper collision and only 2 CPs) and that worked just fine. (I have yet to test out the new CP layout).  I'm looking foward to showing it off, but I found you can't really do ground-to-space in SWBF1 (it's not practical plus it seems you die automatically at a lower height in SWBF1), so it's going to be the ground map only.
In Progress:

On Hold:

Hows this mod coming along?  I have a suggestion: Port those BF3 maps from BF3 Legacy to this BF mod.  I've seen it work.  Check this out: http://www.moddb.com/mods/star-wars-real-hero-sides-mod

I've been exceedingly busy as of late but haven't forgotten this mod. The plan is to port Coruscant from SWBF3 Legacy to this mod (I already have the map itself running with several collision issues ATM).
In Progress:

On Hold:

Really?Gistech could you tell me from where you get it and if i can get it just for exploration modding.I really want to see this map from ZERO EDITOR :)

Quote from: Ginev on April 01, 2018, 12:23:59 AM
Really?Gistech could you tell me from where you get it and if i can get it just for exploration modding.I really want to see this map from ZERO EDITOR :)

I asked a member of the group if they would be willing to send me the map files so I could try a port.

At the moment there are huge collision blocks in certain areas (the stairs and around the central command post) but that might only apply to the conversion to SWBF1.
In Progress:

On Hold:

April 25, 2018, 05:55:37 AM #250 Last Edit: April 29, 2018, 09:37:09 AM by Gistech
I have not forgotten this mod, not by a long shot, but work on it will have to resume once this term of college is finished as I just don't have the time to do it right now. I have added some things to it: namely the brilliantly-made Naboo: City Of Theed map by Sereja is now in, and I want to add a few other Sereja maps in as well (Mos Eisley and Nar Shaddaa are prime candidates). I'm also taking down some ideas for additional 'modes'. I'm thinking of having TDM matches on Death Star and Tantive IV in which the units are different to the 'stock' units (somewhat influenced by the idea behind the Ewok Hunt mode which has unique versions of the playable units)

I'm also thinking on how I might do a custom campaign. It might be possible to get a 'checkpoint' system going by fiddling with the command post system.
In Progress:

On Hold:

Is it possible for you to add custom sound/music associated with the maps you include.  Like could edit sereja's map to include music.  I have the perfect soundtrack for naboo (I pulled from the Lego SW files). 

I've found some yt channels that do background noises from a lot of planets.  I've made a playlist. 

Development is back on! Here's a couple of screenshots from today's playtest, which was on Sereja's Naboo: City Of Theed.

These shots show off some of the new and improved models. I have based the Clone Heavy Trooper and Clone Sharpshooter off their appearances in SWBFEA2, but they're not completely remade - the Clone Heavy Trooper lacks the backpack (a conscious choice to keep it in sync with the ARC Trooper model, for instance). Here's also the first shots of the improved DC-15A and E-11 Blasters in-game.

At present I'm debating about whether I want to use the 'modified' Stormtrooper I made (pictured) or whether I want to use the ones from TFU I converted. No doubt that the TFU ones are higher quality but the customized one is easier to modify.

[spoiler][/spoiler]
[spoiler][/spoiler]
[spoiler][/spoiler]
[spoiler][/spoiler]

Some of the changes made so far include the removal of the 'burst' version of the Soldier's Blaster Rifle, the slowing down of the Heavy, and the speeding up of the Sniper. The Heavy's HP has not been changed but because of its slower speed, it's easier to take down. Likewise the Sniper's speed increase balances with its lower health.

In Naboo: City Of Theed, the Republic and the Rebels are assisted by the Naboo Royal Security Force and as such have 50 less reinforcements than the Empire and CIS. It's winnable with either team. There aren't quite as many 'unique' characters in this map as in the original, though: the Security Forces are made up of the same ones that feature in the campaign Theed map.
In Progress:

On Hold:

August 05, 2018, 12:01:57 AM #253 Last Edit: August 05, 2018, 12:22:47 AM by Gistech
Fielding a question here... somebody mentioned that they did prefer the more 'unique' feel of the Heavy from the first version of the mod. Would anybody be okay if I changed them back to being more unique? Here's what I had in mind, specifically for the Empire and Republic:

ARC Trooper/Heavy Trooper: Z-6 Rotary Blaster, Missile Launcher, Concussion Grenade, Mines
Jet Trooper: DC-15 Blaster Rifle, EMP Launcher, EMP Grenades (removal of ARC Caster weapon)
Imperial Shock Trooper: T-21 Light Repeating Blaster, Missile Launcher, Concussion Grenade, Mines
Imperial Dark Trooper: DLT-19 Blaster Rifle, MPL-57 Homing Shot, Seismic Grenade

I'd also like to announce that I am in the early stages of creating Star Wars: Battlefront Legacy II, which will be for Battlefront II. When it's far enough along I will create a new thread for it.
In Progress:

On Hold:

@Gistech -- did you ever get anywhere with Elite Squadron Kashyyyk? I'm trying to go back and clean up existing projects, so I can work on this some more if you need help.