SWBF2 Splitscreen on pc using NUCLEUS

Started by p-er-0, September 08, 2020, 02:28:37 AM

Previous topic - Next topic
Hi all, new topic because I want to speak about other way to play splitscreen on pc than the one proposed here.
This post on Reddit says it is possible to make it via NucleusCoop.
I think it could be a good idea to have a place here on swbfgamers.com to speak about it, mainly for problems showing up.

Ok, first problem on the topic's list  ::)
On Windows10, I'm getting a steam_api(64).dll error running the game with Nucleus, but the game starts anyway... only to crash when the second instance opens. Working on it, I'll give updates.

I'm glad that you found our site, but at least in my opinion, you will have much better luck posting in other places about problems with Nucleus.  I don't know of anybody here that uses it, and it's been brought up before.  At least with the other method, the creator (Sleepkiller) still checks in here once in a while.  His program will not have the same problems as Nucleus.
The BOBclan:  A Rich History

Quote from: Unit 33 on November 29, 2014, 03:44:44 AM
'Please, tell me more about the logistics of the design of laser swords being wielded by space wizards' - Some guy on the internet.

Yeah you're probably right; but I can provide at least two problems' solution!
Windows 10, Battlefront II not Steam edition, and I get a Goldberg error (missing steam_api(64).dll) and the second instance crashing after some seconds.

For the Goldberg issue, I simply downloaded the library (easy to find on the internet) and pasted in the BattelfrontII/GameData folder. Note that you should rename the library, adding the parenthesis, in case the library has another name (e.g. mine had steam_api64.dll instead of steam_api(64).dll).

For the second issue, problem is Nucleus' script only works for Steam version; so I simply put the Spy executable, and it ran!  :tu: