[SOLVED] How to create SWBFI style minimap

Started by Kit Fisto, August 09, 2013, 10:29:20 PM

Previous topic - Next topic
August 09, 2013, 10:29:20 PM Last Edit: August 10, 2013, 10:42:26 AM by Kit Fisto
For custom maps how do you create the SWBFI style minimap? Blue hologram feel. Like the stock maps.

I remeber seeing a tutorial for it but I couldn't find it. Could someone link it to me or post directions?

August 10, 2013, 02:52:00 AM #1 Last Edit: August 10, 2013, 03:03:22 AM by Shazam
I think you have to draw it yourself in an image manipulation program.  I saw somewhere that it's best to take an overhead shot of your map and then do your best to make your map fit the CPs.

To make it blue, if you use GIMP, you can just colorize the .tga to a blue tint.

I'll try to find a tutourial.

-edit:  Found one! (I just realized that this is for SWBF2.  I'm not sure if making the minimap is the same on both games) http://www.swbfgamers.com/index.php?topic=3037.msg32112

Quote from: SleepKiller on April 20, 2012, 07:47:47 PM
There's no quick way to do this (make a custom minimap). You typically have to manually draw it in a Paint program. With one of my maps I used Zero Editor to take an overhead shot of the map and then did my best to make it fit to the CPS.

Yes, I guess "mapbounds" regions, not works for SWBF1, and coordinates of the mini maps appearance, depends by coordinates of the CP's.
Still, making of minimap steps, realy depends by the paint editor, you using.
Short "SWBF1 style minimap" tutorial: after making top view screenshot, from ZE (I am using "Print Scrn SysRq" console button for this), make your minimap in black&white colors. Then, make main color theme blue. After that, you may copy from any stock minimaps, those background stripes. That's it...
Beauty is, the way to perfection.

Glory to Ukraine!  :mf:

go to image set camera view from top and then zoom down to get a perfect above screenshot