91st Assault Corps: The Battle of Coruscant, beta 1 by Napseeker

Started by Led, April 05, 2012, 03:58:09 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Pics from the 91st Assault Corps: The Battle of Coruscant map:

I feel the urge to host a DC server!  Perhaps this weekend :)
Quote from: Abraham Lincoln. on November 04, 1971, 12:34:40 PM
Don't believe everything you read on the internet

April 05, 2012, 05:08:57 PM #3 Last Edit: April 05, 2012, 10:55:40 PM by kitfisto15678
THANK YOU NAPSEEKER!  :cheer: YOU ARE THE BEST!!!!!

Is there a way to take out the auto turrents or lower the blast they make because it makes it really laggy? have lag? well you get the idea.

Unfortunately not at this time, if I ever do a beta2, I will make a note to release a version of the map that turns off the turrets or greatly reduces the fire rate.  It's a good observation, I should've thought of that.

Buckler, do you mind renaming this thread to "91st Assault Corps: The Battle of Coruscant, beta 1" instead of using the filename?  It would probably be a bit more descriptive that way.

Thank you napseeker, how long does it take to make a beta 2 version? Other than the auto turrent problem this map is freakin awesome!!

Quote from: kitfisto15678 on April 06, 2012, 09:16:01 AM
Thank you napseeker. Other than that the map is freakin awesome!!!

Yes, thanks indeed.
Before this I thought nobody would ever create a proper space map for swbf 1
Now all my dreams have come true (ok, maybe that's a bit overdone :)).

The "Victory In"  timer starts as soon as the map loads.....for me.   :confused:

Quote from: Unit 33 on April 07, 2012, 01:34:16 AM
Did you install both maps into the addon folder?

This. Unit 33 is right, the error that you reported means that you didn't install both map folders (one map has the sides and the map itself that you will need, the other is a mission map).  It sounds like you only installed the mission map folder.

@kitfisto:
> Thank you napseeker, how long does it take to make a beta 2 version?

Well, for the fix that you want, it wouldn't take too long. But I've no idea right now when such a release would come... could be tomorrow, could be next year (evil laugh begins...)

Thank you! Happy you'll do it! I discovered your execution at geonosis and the first mission on Coruscant is super fun! I really like the walrus guy with the shotgun!

Quote from: Napseeker on April 07, 2012, 08:53:30 PM
This. Unit 33 is right, the error that you reported means that you didn't install both map folders (one map has the sides and the map itself that you will need, the other is a mission map).  It sounds like you only installed the mission map folder.

@kitfisto:
> Thank you napseeker, how long does it take to make a beta 2 version?

Well, for the fix that you want, it wouldn't take too long. But I've no idea right now when such a release would come... could be tomorrow, could be next year (evil laugh begins...)

Holy smokes! Well that really DID take a year, didn't it?   I've finally freed up enough space, munged a new version of the map with what is essentially the turret fire turned down so much that I don't think you'll see them firing unless you plan on playing for a really, really long stretch.  This one should be suitable for doing multiplayer games with, should see a lot less lag with any luck.

https://hotfile.com/dl/201578231/70ba125/bofc_REPLACEMENT_MAP_NOFIRE.rar.html

Give this map a try. Just rename the beta1 map to something else and fire up the game.  Let me know if there are any unintended problems.

Wow, this thread contains some of my first posts!

Anyway, I just got a chance to try it out and it works like a charm. I didn't see any problems, but I only played CW era.

I suggest immediate upload to this site, with a readme saying that it's for reduced lag/multiplayer.

Thanks for this Napseeker, I can't believe it really took a year!

Kit, I think I'm going to release this as part of "beta 2".  Your request for a no-fire map makes sense to me as a way to play the game with less lag, so this particular version of the map should actually be included in the official release.   I'll whip up a second mission map that loads this new map and include it as part of the beta2 package.  This way, gamers won't have to go thru the tedium of taking the existing single-player map and renaming it, copying in the no-fire map, making sure other gamers on the network have done the same thing too, etc.

You know what that means of course... beta2 in April 2014! :)