Localization Changer v 1.0

Started by Dark_Phantom, May 06, 2019, 06:12:49 PM

Previous topic - Next topic
Localization Changer v 1.0

http://www.swbfgamers.com/index.php?action=downloads;sa=view;down=1487

This program can be used to change the localization language of your core.lvl file.  The choices are English, Spanish, Italian, French, German, and UK English.
What does this mean?  Since the Steam/GOG versions only released in English, people cannot play in their preferred languages.  What this program does is asks you to select a language, then hit change.  Find your core.lvl (if your Steam/GOG is in a standard folder, then it will start in a standard folder, otherwise just the C:\ drive), and then select it.  The program will come up with a Success if it runs correctly and then close.

Please note:
This will not work correctly if your core.lvl has been modified.  There are not a large number of checks, so if you are using a custom team chat mod, you do NOT want to use this.  Your core.lvl will not load.  It uses static offsets from the stock core.lvl (which is the same on physical and Steam versions).
All the localizations in the core.lvl are accessible here.  There are no other languages contained within.
This does NOT change or modify sounds. I believe the English sounds are the only ones included with the English version.
Images in English (Copyright screen, Victory/Defeat, etc) will still be in English.
UK English is included, however, there is some localization missing.  This is not a problem with this program.  I did not notice localization missing from the other languages, however, what you see is what you get.
A typical folder structure is "C:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\steamapps\common\Star Wars Battlefront (Classic 2004)\GameData\Data\_LVL_PC\" or "C:\Program Files (x86)\GOG Galaxy\Games\Star Wars - Battlefront\GameData\Data\_LVL_PC\".  If you do not have your program set up this way or are using the physical disk, you still need to get to GameData\Data\_LVL_PC

I have included a stock core.lvl file intended to be used as a backup in case warnings were not heeded.  This was tested by myself on the Steam version.

Dark_Phantom
SWBFGamers.com
The BOBclan:  A Rich History

Quote from: Unit 33 on November 29, 2014, 03:44:44 AM
'Please, tell me more about the logistics of the design of laser swords being wielded by space wizards' - Some guy on the internet.