particular unit limit on map?

Started by genadiyrool, March 28, 2019, 05:42:23 AM

Previous topic - Next topic
hey everyone
does someone know how in bf2 set or change max limit for particular unit on a map (example 4 droidekas max at the same time)
i couldnt find this line in odfs
only pointstounlock

That is defined in the mission Lua files.
Never let a person named AnthonyBF2 touch your BF2.

damn, i think ive actually seen this in conquest files, but completely forgot, since ive been editing them through hex, thank you

maybe you guys also know one more situational thing
basically i started a fresh mod changing stock maps and stock eras
i added a magnaguard unit with a staff on utapau map
and it works just fine, but i also want to use a mod which enables ai heroes
(this one: https://www.moddb.com/games/star-wars-battlefront-ii/downloads/ai-hero-script)

separately they work fine, but using them together makes modded map (utapau) crash at some point
(not at the loading, not in the beggining, not even when any of modded units show up, crash seems just random)

maybe its a known bug? too many lightsabers on one map or something?
is there a way to see crash log somethere? (game just crashes without any error)
maybe there is alternative to this ai heroes mod i linked above?

any help would be really welcome
i basically finished my mod, just cant resolve this one thing

You should have downloaded an .exe file along with your mod tools named something like BF2_modtools_NoDVD. Should be found in your game directory under GameData. This is basically a test environment that creates a log file for you once you run it. The log itself will be titled BFront2.log

This log can be found in:
C:/Users/You/AppData/Local/VirtualStore/Program Files(x86)/Star Wars Battlefront II/GameData.

Within you'll find everything the games did. What causes the crash will likely be at the very end of this log file. Hope that helps!
"Birth, pain, fear, death; the cycle of existence." -Dread Master Calphayus.

SWBF1 Maps: Tatooine: Mos Anek, Kashyyyk: Village, Naboo: Province, Tatooine: Gulch.

SWBF2 Maps: Space Carida.