Could someone help me with changing the hero on the Death Star map?

Started by Lolistatrolista, January 28, 2019, 02:24:39 PM

Previous topic - Next topic
Hi. I'm using pure 1.1 version of SWBF2 and I just don't like Palpatine as the hero on the conquest DS map. I've decided to change it and so, I used this tutorial which should still work after reading some Reddit posts: https://www.cheathappens.com/show_board2.asp?headID=52369&titleID=11118

I've edited mission.lvl, found the right line and changed imp_hero_emperor to imp_hero_darthvader as it should be (I think so, at least). And when I launched SWBF2 and tried to load DS conquest, the game crashed. Any ideas why it happens?

You need change hero name in imp.lvl from imp_hero_emperor to imp_hero_darthvader and do same thing in sethero line for IMP/CIS

Thanks. And I forget to mention the fact that I have Hero AI Support mod that also contains mission.lvl. Should I apply these changes in there too?

EDIT: I did what you said, game is still crashing. This is what I wrote:

Changed imp_hero_emperor to imp_hero_darthvader in imp.lvl.

SetHeroClass(IMP, "imp_hero_darthvader")

Also I delated that Hero AI Support mod to make sure it will be 100% pure game.

Idk then. Mayble I can send you my mission.lvl and you can check if everything is ok?

Hex Editing is very complex and very limited and should not be used by new users. You need to learn how to edit the mission Lua scripts and munge a new mission.lvl. you can do anything with new Lua scripts.
Never let a person named AnthonyBF2 touch your BF2.