The "Strange things" Thread

Started by Snake, April 26, 2012, 03:50:07 PM

Previous topic - Next topic
April 19, 2013, 09:37:55 PM #30 Last Edit: April 19, 2013, 09:46:40 PM by tirpider
Here is a wild guess.
I'm thinking the -keep line was dead wrong. (I'd try it onece with and once without to be sure.)

I noticed in the ODFs that each position comes after a classlable specific *SECTION change.
Perhaps the passengers need their own section:

WALKERSECTION      = "TURRET2"
//PassengerSlots     = "4"
PassengerEyePoint  = "hp_passenger"
//PilotPosition      = "hp_passenger" // incase PassengerEyePoint doesn't work
EyePointOffset     = "5.0 3.0 -10.0"

I'm unsure about the passenger slots so I left it commented, and I am also unsure if the walker section needs to be right after the other position sections or not.  As-is, it is after all the chunksections.

The "TURRET2" bit is because there is a "TURRET1" so I just added the 2.  Perhaps there is a more appropriate example somewhere.

-edit sorry about the double post...

Well, as you probably know, memory of SWBF1, do not allow as to make more than 5 vehicles position. I am sure, creators, planing to make them more, but seems, just abandon this idea. So, this is the reason of crash.
Each vehicle, may have 1 pilot and no more, then 4 gunners or passengers. This mean, if AT-TE, have 1 pilot, and already 2 turret positions, it may have only 2 empty slots, for new turret or passengers.
So, if you put exactly this line:
PassengerSlots          = "2"
It should not crash.
As far as I know, the most important difference, between usual "fake passenger" positions (turrets, with no weapons), and rarely used "real passenger" slots, is next:
the "real passengers" may "feel" vehicles health bar meter.
Beauty is, the way to perfection.

Glory to Ukraine!  :mf:

//SuppressRadius            = "1.0"

I found this in the mine .odf

It's marked out so I assume its useless.
=AaTc= Forever

SALLY....

-Retired Modder

LowHealthThreshold      = "1.1"
this is a nice little code, when set above 1 the sound specified by LowHealthSound will always play in a loop (see jawa ODF).

thats what battlebelk did with tauntaun here
http://fr.xfire.com/video/839a6/

Quote from: Phobos on July 05, 2013, 01:54:15 PM
LowHealthThreshold      = "1.1"
this is a nice little code, when set above 1 the sound specified by LowHealthSound will always play in a loop (see jawa ODF).

thats what battlebelk did with tauntaun here
http://fr.xfire.com/video/839a6/
Another BattleBelk mystery solved! :happy:

I'm not sure if there's a line that causes this but I noticed that AI exit all vehicles when their reinforcement count gets to about 20. You can call them back into the vehicle but they'll go right back out. Strange..
=AaTc= Forever

SALLY....

-Retired Modder

Quote from: Snake on July 07, 2013, 01:53:32 PM
I'm not sure if there's a line that causes this but I noticed that AI exit all vehicles when their reinforcement count gets to about 20. You can call them back into the vehicle but they'll go right back out. Strange..
thats programmed into the exe it has nothing to do with lua or odf. just like only 2 ai can follow you max :/

That's lame.. I wish we could change that. It'd be awesome to have an army following you everywhere.
=AaTc= Forever

SALLY....

-Retired Modder

Very wise system, for me. In SWBF2, the last AI unit, can jump into the tank, and kill all the rest (more then 100) of almost winner team. And that's realy sad. :whip:
Beauty is, the way to perfection.

Glory to Ukraine!  :mf:

Yes that's one of the reasons I don't like SWBFII's AI.

You could solve this problem by letting both teams have locals. They get in vehicles even when their friendly faction gets out.

I found this in the ATTE

CargoNodeName       = "hp_link_1"
=AaTc= Forever

SALLY....

-Retired Modder

I seem to remember they were playing with the gunships that could drop an ATTE onto the battlefield.
That may be a left over from that.

Quote from: tirpider on July 15, 2013, 04:41:10 PM
I seem to remember they were playing with the gunships that could drop an ATTE onto the battlefield.
That may be a left over from that.
yes, that is what it was meant for

from https://sites.google.com/site/swbf2modtoolsdocumentation/odf_parameters

QuoteCommandFlyer
                    Carrier
                                        CargoNodeName
                                        CargoNodeOffset
                                        PickupSound
                                        DropoffSound 

Let's not derail this topic, please.
=AaTc= Forever

SALLY....

-Retired Modder

SetAIVehicleNotifyRadius(64)

This is taken from platforms LUA and can be seen in various other stock maps with flyer vehicles.