Zeroeditor crashing when loading maps

Started by Snake, January 31, 2021, 05:58:47 PM

Previous topic - Next topic
Well, I was able to load shipped worlds so I decided to try and download the SWBF1 Museum assets and load that world. ZE loads about halfway then crashes. I can't remember but is there an SPTest type crash log for ZE? I found an old post by Phobos saying an incorrectly hex edited msh will crash ZE but 1. I don't have any idea what msh could be messed up and 2. I don't remember how to hex edit. Any ideas what could be causing it/courses of action to take? I thought about taking all non-stock meshes out one by one and seeing if that would work but I can't remember if loading a world with a missing msh would make it crash as well.
=AaTc= Forever

SALLY....

-Retired Modder

It is going to have to be eliminating meshes one by one, I'm afraid. Missing a mesh should not do more than bring up a dialogue box saying "this file is missing" but it will continue loading the world afterward.
In Progress:
--Star Wars: Battlefront - Anniversary Edition (formerly Star Wars: Battlefront - Legacy Edition)
--Endor: Imperial Base

On Hold:
--Star Wars Battlefront: Elite Squadron For SWBF1

It actually didn't take incredibly long to figure out what was the problem. I just took the whole MSH folder out, then I put half of it back in, then another half of what was left, then another half of what was left, on and on until I hit the crash and narrowed it down from there. Turns out it was one of my own custom models that, if I remember correctly, never had a texture. It just showed up black ingame, which I was fine with, but I'm not sure if that was what crashed ZE. I don't remember if I hex edited it any but I don't think I did.
=AaTc= Forever

SALLY....

-Retired Modder

Glad to see you got it figured out  :tu:
In Progress:
--Star Wars: Battlefront - Anniversary Edition (formerly Star Wars: Battlefront - Legacy Edition)
--Endor: Imperial Base

On Hold:
--Star Wars Battlefront: Elite Squadron For SWBF1