Zeroeditor can only load worlds that are located in a subdirectory of the editor

Started by Snake, January 30, 2021, 09:20:39 AM

Previous topic - Next topic
So with the discovery that SWBF is on steam me and some of my old friends decided to get on and play a little bit. Well, naturally I thought about modding. I managed to download the ultimate mod tools but when I try to load a stock world into zeroeditor to refresh my memory on how things work it gives me the error: "zeroeditor can only load worlds that are located in a subdirectory of the editor" even when I put the world file literally next to it. Not sure if it's an issue with the steam set up or using "Snake's Ultimate Mod Tools" but if anyone knows how to fix that please let me know.  :)

--Edit

I found a workaround by placing the shipped world assets in a custom world folder and then loading the shipped .wld file.
=AaTc= Forever

SALLY....

-Retired Modder

make sure there are no spaces in the folder you install it in.

C:\lucasarts  is the best place
Quote from: Abraham Lincoln. on November 04, 1971, 12:34:40 PM
Don't believe everything you read on the internet

Also, sometimes it will do it regardless. Quitting then restarting the program usually solves it though.
In Progress:
--Star Wars: Battlefront - Anniversary Edition (formerly Star Wars: Battlefront - Legacy Edition)
--Endor: Imperial Base

On Hold:
--Star Wars Battlefront: Elite Squadron For SWBF1