DC-15, DC-15LE and DC-15X Blaster Rifles

Started by Giftheck, January 10, 2018, 02:38:00 AM

Previous topic - Next topic
Here's my new versions of the DC-15 'Series' (minus the DC-15A/C/whatever suffix you use for it). The DC-15LE comes in several differnt 'mod' variations, and the DC-15X comes with three different scopes.

[spoiler]

[/spoiler]

DOWNLOAD

Credits:
-Pandemic Studios and LucasArts.
-Free Radical for some DC-15X model parts.
In Progress:
--Star Wars: Battlefront - Anniversary Edition (formerly Star Wars: Battlefront - Legacy Edition)

On Hold:
--Star Wars Battlefront: Elite Squadron For SWBF1
--Endor: Imperial Base

Most excellent! I was actually going to use rogue knight's version but these fit the bill quite nicely. The model work and variations look great! I hope to see the carbine versions soon.
Battfront Stuff if your interested.
http://www.youtube.com/user/411Remnant

Quote from: 411Remnant on January 10, 2018, 01:31:40 PM
Most excellent! I was actually going to use rogue knight's version but these fit the bill quite nicely. The model work and variations look great! I hope to see the carbine versions soon.

As for the DC-15A, I haven't decided if I want to try and do that one yet. I tend to make things I'm likely to use and I'm happy with the SWBF3 model ATM. Having said that, that doesn't mean I won't do it.
In Progress:
--Star Wars: Battlefront - Anniversary Edition (formerly Star Wars: Battlefront - Legacy Edition)

On Hold:

January 11, 2018, 02:50:12 PM #4 Last Edit: January 11, 2018, 02:52:04 PM by Gistech
Quote from: Gistech on January 10, 2018, 01:35:46 PM
As for the DC-15A, I haven't decided if I want to try and do that one yet. I tend to make things I'm likely to use and I'm happy with the SWBF3 model ATM. Having said that, that doesn't mean I won't do it.

*he says... and one day later...*

[spoiler][/spoiler]
In Progress:

On Hold:

January 11, 2018, 02:58:35 PM #5 Last Edit: January 24, 2018, 10:55:25 AM by MamaLuigi
What type of files are these and where do they go, I want this on my PS2.

What I mean is: what type of files are the maps...

Quote from: MamaLuigi on January 11, 2018, 02:58:35 PM
What type of files are these and where do they go, I want this on my PS2.

I'm sorry, but the mod tools, at least for the first game, only work on the PC version.
In Progress:

On Hold:

Quote from: Gistech on January 11, 2018, 02:50:12 PM
*he says... and one day later...*

[spoiler][/spoiler]
Now that looks fantastic! Keeping free radical's spirit alive and well!
Battfront Stuff if your interested.
http://www.youtube.com/user/411Remnant

January 12, 2018, 02:56:35 AM #8 Last Edit: January 12, 2018, 02:58:16 AM by Gistech
Quote from: 411Remnant on January 11, 2018, 05:17:18 PM
Now that looks fantastic! Keeping free radical's spirit alive and well!

This was based off the stock Republic pistol, but I did use the Free Radical version as a point of reference for modelling the new parts. As good as the Free Radical model is, I do have a fondness for the models I've made or modified.
In Progress:

On Hold:

I don't know how people confuse the DC-15S Blaster Carbine with the DC-15A Blaster Rifle. Heck even ea named the DC-15S Blaster Carbine the DC-15A Blaster Rifle which is the wrong name  :slap:

January 12, 2018, 08:29:24 AM #10 Last Edit: January 12, 2018, 08:34:23 AM by Gistech
Quote from: LitFam on January 12, 2018, 08:23:27 AM
I don't know how people confuse the DC-15S Blaster Carbine with the DC-15A Blaster Rifle. Heck even ea named the DC-15S Blaster Carbine the DC-15A Blaster Rifle which is the wrong name  :slap:

Nope: it's named the DC-15A blaster in pre-EA media: an episode of The Clone Wars (Death Trap) identifies it as such. Previously, people had assumed that was incorrect, but the show's runners confirmed that it is indeed the name for the rifle, and after the canon wipe all other media has stuck with that name. The DC-15 is blaster rifle is stated to be so in the Ultimate Star Wars book, which was also released post-canon wipe, and I believe it's also named so in the Visual Dictionary for the six films released after the canon wipe.

As for naming in SWBFEA2, the only confusion in SWBFEA2 is over the A280 and A280C as it contradicts both the previous game and the various canon books and sources that say that the A280 is the AR-15-based gun and the A280C is the STG-44-based gun.
In Progress:

On Hold:

January 12, 2018, 08:34:33 AM #11 Last Edit: January 12, 2018, 08:36:15 AM by LitFam
Wait so the DC-15S is the DC-15A and the DC-15A is the DC-15S  :confused: well I guess it I should re-localize the blasters in my mod.

Quote from: LitFam on January 12, 2018, 08:34:33 AM
Wait so the DC-15S is the DC-15A and the DC-15A is the DC-15S  :confused: well I guess it I should re-localize the blasters in my mod.

You're half right. What had previously been assumed to be the DC-15S is actually called the DC-15A.

This is the DC-15 Blaster Rifle:

[spoiler][/spoiler]

This is the DC-15A Blaster:

[spoiler][/spoiler]

There is no DC-15S in canon.
In Progress:

On Hold:

Quote from: Gistech on January 12, 2018, 08:40:26 AM
You're half right. What had previously been assumed to be the DC-15S is actually called the DC-15A.

This is the DC-15 Blaster Rifle:

[spoiler][/spoiler]

This is the DC-15A Blaster:

[spoiler][/spoiler]

There is no DC-15S in canon.

Yeah because of disney canon bs.
"Come on, you apes! Do you wanna live forever?"
- Lieutenant Rasczak speaking to the Roughnecks troopers

January 13, 2018, 03:31:28 AM #14 Last Edit: January 13, 2018, 03:35:39 AM by Gistech
Quote from: i2Bros on January 13, 2018, 02:44:15 AM
Yeah because of disney canon bs.

Nope. Disney do not control the canon. The LucasFilm Story Group, who are comprised of the "Holocron Keepers" of old, do - in other words, the likes of Leland Chee, Pablo Hidalgo, and Dave Filoni to name a few. Dave Filoni, showrunner of TCW, has said that DC-15A was correct, and that decision predated the Disney purchase, as did the Visual Dictionary which explicitly named the long blaster as the DC-15 without a suffix.

Saying "Disney canon bs" is equivalent to saying "Fox canon bs" when Fox were distributing the films, or "cartoon network bs" when Cartoon Network were doing TCW. That's all Disney are doing here: distribution.

At this point, though, I'd like to drop the subject as an asset release thread is perhaps not the best place to have this debate.
In Progress:

On Hold: