Breakdown's Modding Guide [PC- Only]

Started by Hardcore, January 22, 2009, 06:35:13 PM

Previous topic - Next topic
Okay thanks, I still couldn't figure out where the SPTEST goes thoughdoes it just go in the same folder as the Zeroeditor?

That goes next to battlefront.exe in the GameData folder.

Okay, now I am up to a new problem. How do I open ODF files, and or what program do I need to be able to open ODF files on windows 7, and for XP?

Or for a better question, What all applications will I need to be able to make Mods, and Maps on my computer for SWBF, that are also capable of runing on windows 7, and XP?

March 16, 2014, 01:09:09 PM #18 Last Edit: March 16, 2014, 01:16:30 PM by Led
ODF files can be opened using any text editor.  Like Notepad.
Please check this topic for more programs.
The BOBclan:  A Rich History

Quote from: Unit 33 on November 29, 2014, 03:44:44 AM
'Please, tell me more about the logistics of the design of laser swords being wielded by space wizards' - Some guy on the internet.

Thanks you guys for helping me so much on this! I guess I really owe you guys now, Thanks so much!!

May 13, 2014, 03:49:05 PM #20 Last Edit: May 13, 2014, 03:51:36 PM by Whisper
Anyone have like a step-by-step video tutorial using ZeroEditor for those modding super-noobs like me? :D
Formerly:
{Alpha}Gen.Ultimo
[212]Cpl.Ultimo
WUSi.Whisper

Here's one. There are others after it that Youtube should list in the relevant listings.

May 13, 2014, 05:25:55 PM #22 Last Edit: May 13, 2014, 06:22:01 PM by Whisper
Quote from: ETW_Modder on May 13, 2014, 05:02:24 PM
Here's one. There are others after it that Youtube should list in the relevant listings.
Thank you!  :tu:

EDIT:
Wait, I just got another problem. I can't seem to find any of the texture files in my battlefront files. Probably because I don't particularly know what I'm looking for... *derp*.
Can someone give me the file names for the Floor, Ceiling, Walls, and the Slanted Walls(connecting from ceiling to wall) that are used in Cloud City? These would be all the indoor textures used on the map, the ones that are memorably white and basically make up the "Hallway" area of Cloud City.
By file name I believe I am looking for something like "geo1.tga", as used in the video I watched above.

Thank you for any help! I appreciate it! :,)
Formerly:
{Alpha}Gen.Ultimo
[212]Cpl.Ultimo
WUSi.Whisper

Go to the msh for the hallway (I think it's called like bes2_bldg_mall or something) and open it in a word document. In the top section should be every tga associated with that mesh, so you don't have to look everywhere in the msh. Or you can just click search and type in "tga" and it will take you to them.
=AaTc= Forever

SALLY....

-Retired Modder

download swbf msh viewer to look at each msh. If you go into each world's assets with it you can choose which ones you would like. its easiest open up the msh file with notepad and search for tga if you don't know what textures it uses. take the .option files too.

the object's odf file specifies the msh file and this is what you select in zeroeditor to place the object.

Do I have to follow these directions exactly? or can I put the files in a different drive one that I bought its a 3 terabyte drive??? and run it all from there? also are these files in the Imperial 1.2 updates needed to be installed? or just the MSH and ODF folder that Republic Commando said?

Second is there away that we can put BFBuilder, and 0 BFBuilder Pro, and Zero Editor in to the Main Menu for SWBF? if so do you think you can make a mod for that for me and others Please?

If so Thanks!

By the way my Zero Editor is still not working.

November 10, 2014, 06:10:03 PM #26 Last Edit: November 10, 2014, 06:25:35 PM by Led
Quote from: Samistheone on November 10, 2014, 05:32:26 PM
Do I have to follow these directions exactly? or can I put the files in a different drive one that I bought its a 3 terabyte drive??? and run it all from there? also are these files in the Imperial 1.2 updates needed to be installed? or just the MSH and ODF folder that Republic Commando said?

Second is there away that we can put BFBuilder, and 0 BFBuilder Pro, and Zero Editor in to the Main Menu for SWBF? if so do you think you can make a mod for that for me and others Please?

If so Thanks!

By the way my Zero Editor is still not working.

You should start with following them exactly.  If it works then you can try to re-install it on your other drive. 

I don't know what RC said.  The links in the post are for the 1.2 empire faction updates.  If you do not install them, you will have the 1.0 version of this faction for any new emp.lvl mods that you make.

It will not be possible to put those programs into the game menu.

Sam, I will work on making a new mod tools package for you that will have all of the updates already installed.  Ideally, you will just have to download it and uncompress it in the right spot. 

Please give me through the weekend.
Quote from: Abraham Lincoln. on November 04, 1971, 12:34:40 PM
Don't believe everything you read on the internet

Quote from: RepubliqueCmdr on March 12, 2014, 09:37:44 PM
Correct about the sound config.

Imperial 1.2 updates are /MSH/ and /ODF/ folder that you can find in battlebelks imp side builder (../Sides/IMP/MSH/ and ODF/)

And you will want to copy those two folders (and overwrite) to ../BFBuilder/Assets/Sides/IMP/
[spoiler]When you 'Create a new Side' or 'Import retail Side', the HTML application of BFBuilder takes the side assets from the BFBuilder assets folder to save loads of space instead of putting it in Datatemplate, which would put all the sides in every project you create.[/spoiler]

I doubt the MSH/models change in any game play altering way (from 1.2 at least), but you're copying those just to be safe. The ODF assets are what you really want though, because there are quite a few weapon and unit configurations that are changed with 1.2 update of SWBF.

So just those files no the others that came with it??

Quote from: Led on November 10, 2014, 06:10:03 PM
You should start with following them exactly.  If it works then you can try to re-install it on your other drive. 

I don't know what RC said.  The links in the post are for the 1.2 empire faction updates.  If you do not install them, you will have the 1.0 version of this faction for any new emp.lvl mods that you make.

It will not be possible to put those programs into the game menu.

Sam, I will work on making a new mod tools package for you that will have all of the updates already installed.  Ideally, you will just have to download it and uncompress it in the right spot. 

Please give me through the weekend.

Well I don't have the room on my computer for that my C: Drive it is literally 100% full

So as in I can't put it in the main window like where you hear Darth Vader or the other options it gives you like to click install or uninstall and stuff?

Okay thanks Led, that will be really helpful, mean while I'll try again, maybe I can try it on my Windows 7 computer I am on now but I think either the hard drive is about to go or its a few bad viruses causing the problems to make it look like its my hard drive failing.

Which is why I have the 3 terabyte drive now and a flash drive booter for my computer that the 3 terabyte drive made for me on one of my USB Flash drives x-D, Its a tower computer that would be expensive fix, it used to be my cousins, who worked at a computer place fixing and making computers.

Quote from: Samistheone on November 10, 2014, 06:42:21 PM

So just those files no the others that came with it??

Well I don't have the room on my computer for that my C: Drive it is literally 100% full

So as in I can't put it in the main window like where you hear Darth Vader or the other options it gives you like to click install or uninstall and stuff?

Okay thanks Led, that will be really helpful, mean while I'll try again, maybe I can try it on my Windows 7 computer I am on now but I think either the hard drive is about to go or its a few bad viruses causing the problems to make it look like its my hard drive failing.

Which is why I have the 3 terabyte drive now and a flash drive booter for my computer that the 3 terabyte drive made for me on one of my USB Flash drives x-D, Its a tower computer that would be expensive fix, it used to be my cousins, who worked at a computer place fixing and making computers.

I will check to see if it works in another location.

OK, you can download the new archive with all the updates included.

You can place it on another drive and it will work.

I have included instructions on how to check for TnL issues. 

Refer to the first post for a download link.