Re: Who is the best pilot in the galaxy?

Started by Disciple, January 11, 2013, 08:45:34 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Do you think we should have a starfighter tournament?

Yes,let's give it a try!
No,totally a waste of time
January 11, 2013, 08:45:34 AM Last Edit: February 17, 2013, 06:14:44 PM by Disciple
RULES

-Each round will eliminate 1 player for each duel.This will happen untill we have only 1 player left: The winner;
-Both players will talk and post in SWBFGamers Starfighter Tournament Week 'X' about the maps, date,time,and sides they will pick;

EX: Match 1: Map Bespin Platforms
Player 'A' will be Emp, Player 'B' is Rebs
       Match 2: Map Islands
Player 'A' will be Cis, Player 'B' is Clones

-After this one of the admins will post saying if he will be able to watch the match;
-While in the server,when both players and the admin are there,the admin may countdown and begin the duel (i would like to know if the admins are able to record the match so everyone can see it);
-The winner will be the one with most kills (each map ends when one players gets 10 kills,so,the one with 20 at the end,wins) at the end of the 2 rounds,if there is a tie,a 3rd round may be the best option;
-At the end of both matches,the admin may post at SWBFGamers Starfighter Tournament Week 'X' the video link,and/or screenshot of the final score (both matches).

MAPS: Bespin Platforms,Dune sea,Islands

THE MATCH:
Forbidden things!!!:
1)Any class except the PILOT one;
2)Killing while the oponnent is taking off,or in the ground;
3)Mining the plane;
4)Turrets or any other vehicle;
5)Landing the plane at a heal-planes bot,the pilot itself will heal the plane for you if needed;
6)Cussing;
7)Spawn camping or shooting enemy before they have taken off. The victorious pilot should return to his side of the map to insure spawn camping does not happen.

Allowed things:
1)Mods will be players choice,i would like to ask anyone that uses the radar mod to don't use it,because while piloting,this can be a great advantage,but since i can't control who will use or not,i ask everyone who is gonna participate to have in mind your oppenent may be using them;
2)IMPORTANT,suicides,both players crashing and crashing into buildings,will count as a kill to your oponnent,so,watch out;
3)It's allowed and obrigatory that the players use their own names and clan tags,the admin may use their name after the word STadmin. Ex: STadmin.Disciple

AWARDS:
I would like to ask the SWBFGamers staff to make if possible a ST Winner,ST Admin and ST participant award.

If you want to edit,add,remove any rules tell me                         

Players:
Sirpimped                  Helios
Phobos                       Josh02           
Ecko                            Ruger
Wolf                            Hero
Epifire
Norris
Nixo
Roxas

Admins:
Elite
Zach
Vixo
Anyder
Gdh

In 1st week we will have this matches:

A1                       B1                                C1                       D1                                    E1                          F1
Phobos vs Josh    Nixo vs Epifire      Helios vs Hero     Ecko vs Norris     Sirpimped vs Ruger   Roxas vs Wolf

Each week we will have one player in each duel who will advance.
On the 3rd round (semi-finals),the best player from those who lost from the 1st round,will get a second chance to win,since we will have only 3 players,so,even losing,do your best.Players and admins can start getting times for duels and post in the thread ill open next week.Good luck all.
Edit------------
Roxas have been added.

Sounds fun to me :D It would be a completely different game play with entirely new strategies. Should be interesting

"I don't know half of you half as well as I should like; and I like less than half of you half as well as you deserve." -Bilbo Baggins

I'm very interested. Regrettably, this is one aspect of the game I have never explored in great detail. It's an aspect of the game that has really been wasted in my opinion. I would love to see if I'm any good at piloting so I say let's do it :tu:

That's good to hear so far! Not to mention that some ICW maps have starfighters...

January 11, 2013, 09:23:21 AM #6 Last Edit: January 11, 2013, 09:51:10 AM by Disciple
Quote from: {212} Nixo on January 11, 2013, 09:18:28 AM
7-0 :P Its a cool idea

Yes,but still soon,i need at least 16 players so if someone loses = eliminated ( 2 rounds i'm thinking)
It should be: Round of 16    (16 players) then;
                     Quarter-finals (8 players);
                     Semi-Finals     (4 players);
                     Final                (2 players)

January 11, 2013, 01:42:26 PM #7 Last Edit: January 11, 2013, 02:33:13 PM by Phobos
I think a starfighter tournament is good idea.

If you are going to set this up on platforms I would suggest whoever is hosting the server should use a hex edited bes1.lvl to swap the ownership for the 2 center CPS (not the middle one). give rebels center cp to empire and empires center cp to rebels. this will make cloud cars spawn right at the start of map.

Actually i was thinking to use the 3 stock maps where we have starfighters (since its a 1on1). Bespin Platforms,Tatooine Dune sea,Kashyyyk forgot the name.

I say make a mission map with all the things you need/want (including the ever controversial radar option) and have people download it to play in the tourny.

Quote from: Kit Fisto on January 11, 2013, 05:45:57 PM
I say make a mission map with all the things you need/want (including the ever controversial radar option) and have people download it to play in the tourny.
That's probably the best solution,it would be impossible to control who is using radar,so i would say,let everyone have it. (not give to everyone,just a moded mission map)

I wouldn't call it the First one that ever took place, I've been to a few in my first year on the game, quite fun.
I'd join, I don't play much.  Good luck guys!

Quote from: Disciple on January 11, 2013, 05:45:25 PM
Actually i was thinking to use the 3 stock maps where we have starfighters (since its a 1on1). Bespin Platforms,Tatooine Dune sea,Kashyyyk forgot the name.
Kashyyyk Islands :P