Steam common.lvl with freecam enabled

Started by Dark_Phantom, December 12, 2020, 10:16:24 PM

Previous topic - Next topic
http://www.swbfgamers.com/index.php?action=downloads;sa=view;down=1580

Does exactly what the title says, enables freecam in pause menu for the Steam version, because the other one that keeps getting downloaded is for 1.2, which crashes.
The BOBclan:  A Rich History

Quote from: Unit 33 on November 29, 2014, 03:44:44 AM
'Please, tell me more about the logistics of the design of laser swords being wielded by space wizards' - Some guy on the internet.

January 07, 2021, 05:27:32 AM #2 Last Edit: January 07, 2021, 05:34:41 AM by Bluetothestars
What are the controls? Is there a way to go freecam without the game freezing? I'd like to watch the AI fight each other.

Game auto pauses with freecam enabled.
"M" unpauses the game and allows you to hit escape and go back to chase cam (default)
I believe "Home" and "End" on your keyboard (above the arrow keys on a typical keyboard) go up and down, and "WASD" is your typical move around keys.

'Please, tell me more about the logistics of the design of laser swords being wielded by space wizards' - Some guy on the internet.

January 07, 2021, 07:56:04 PM #4 Last Edit: January 07, 2021, 08:21:11 PM by Bluetothestars
Quote from: Dark_Phantom on January 07, 2021, 06:24:05 AMGame auto pauses with freecam enabled.
"M" unpauses the game and allows you to hit escape and go back to chase cam (default)
I believe "Home" and "End" on your keyboard (above the arrow keys on a typical keyboard) go up and down, and "WASD" is your typical move around keys.
I see, for some reason the steam version of the game seems a little broken, can't seem to unpause or exit the mode.

Is there a way to make it so I don't have to spawn my unit in? It's so annoying always having the select screen come up when I'm trying to watch the battles.

The devs seem to have left the steam version with a quite a few problems.

January 07, 2021, 09:09:32 PM #5 Last Edit: January 07, 2021, 09:11:26 PM by Dark_Phantom
I found the button by mashing all the buttons on the keyboard.
Same instructions as above, just swap "M" for the backspace key.  What a weird thing to change.

Because of the way the spawn screen is constructed, you do have to spawn in.  You can pick a hiding spot near around a friendly CP where the AI don't go, and then hop in and watch the battle.  There isn't a real spectator mode for BF1, sadly. (Also, when the game is unpaused, even while in freecam, your character moves.  Might want to pick a spot to get stuck).

Freecam was never officially released, so I don't blame them for the awkward controls.