tutorial on how to give locals an invisible reinforcements counter.

Started by wsa30h, December 14, 2019, 12:49:15 PM

Previous topic - Next topic
simply add this under your locals lets say you have tusken raiders like in the tatooine dune sea it normally looks like this -  Local Stats
    SetTeamName(3, "locals")
    AddUnitClass(3, "tat_inf_tuskenraider", 5);
    AddUnitClass(3, "tat_inf_tuskenhunter", 2);
    SetUnitCount(3, 14) 

but we add this line  under set unit count SetReinforcementCount(3, 250)  3 being the team and the second number how much reinforcements you want to have

SetTeamName(3, "locals")
    AddUnitClass(3, "tat_inf_tuskenraider", 5);
    AddUnitClass(3, "tat_inf_tuskenhunter", 2);
    SetUnitCount(3, 14)
    SetReinforcementCount(3, 250)
mods and maps in progress:<br />--Bf1 expanded edition 3.0 version
-- bf1 tcw battles
-- bf1 seasons mod season 1
-- bf2 expanded edition tbh

Other than it's missing a comma, good job.
I can see in memory where it is running correctly, which I didn't expect, and it follows the same rules as reinforcements of other teams.
The BOBclan:  A Rich History

Quote from: Unit 33 on November 29, 2014, 03:44:44 AM
'Please, tell me more about the logistics of the design of laser swords being wielded by space wizards' - Some guy on the internet.

Nice find!
In Progress:
--Star Wars: Battlefront - Anniversary Edition (formerly Star Wars: Battlefront - Legacy Edition)

On Hold:
--Star Wars Battlefront: Elite Squadron For SWBF1
--Endor: Imperial Base

thanks guys i just though i wish there was a way to give locals a reinforcements counter then i thought what if i try this probably wont work, to my surprise it works perfectly. fixed the missing comma.
-- bf1 tcw battles

Yeah I can see it in memory but it probably would require some type of source modification to show it
The BOBclan:  A Rich History

Quote from: Unit 33 on November 29, 2014, 03:44:44 AM
'Please, tell me more about the logistics of the design of laser swords being wielded by space wizards' - Some guy on the internet.

most likely it cant be shown without a source modification also found a way to give team 4 vehicles fr rumble conquest the only downside is that i cant turn them white like in bf2 so there will be 2 red teams.
-- bf1 tcw battles

That's...actually really useful! Great job! This is especially useful for me since I love having local teams on my maps  :cheer:
"Birth, pain, fear, death; the cycle of existence." -Dread Master Calphayus.

SWBF1 Maps: Tatooine: Mos Anek, Kashyyyk: Village, Naboo: Province, Tatooine: Gulch.

SWBF2 Maps: Space Carida.

glad you found it useful it is useful  for me because my maps are rumble conquest style so now i can limit team 3 and 4s reinforcements.  :)
-- bf1 tcw battles