Objects Going Jump About? O.o

Started by SleepKiller, November 23, 2011, 05:13:30 PM

Previous topic - Next topic
I'm having a problem. I'm placing invisable collision blocks in ZE and 80% of it comes out in its right position ingame but a lot of it does not. Why would this be happening? Does anybody know? It is quite annoying and at the moment has halted my project. Any help on this subject would be highly apperiated!

i have a very serious roadblock like this with zeroeditor with 90% of my maps too. all twilight maps and my new mod maps objects get moved around upon opneing zeroeditor for the 2nd time in any datamap project folder. So I can make changes once and save, but next time I want to edit the map in zeroeditor I have to make a new project folder, move the asset folders for common/scripts, worlds, and munge64.bat files into the new 1 then delete. a real nuisance i have not yet found a solution for.

Hm, truely bazaar. Thanks for the tips I'll try em' out.

yea and just make a backup 7z or zip/rar of your data world folder every so often in case you screw up and delete or move the worng files (happens alot). all u really need to move is the scripts and world assets and any custom bat files not normally loaded in dataTEMPLATE seems to be an issue with zeroeditor setting files somwhere i will continue digging in to find the root cause

November 23, 2011, 06:07:10 PM #4 Last Edit: November 23, 2011, 06:09:36 PM by Buckler
have you guys seen this thread at fred's about flipx ?
http://www.secretsociety.com/forum/display_message.asp?mid=922

quote from psyc0fred:
     It's not a BFBuilder issue, it has to do with the data being saved by the editor. You changed something if it looked right before and suddenly changed. Search for a post on FlipX and you'll find similar problems people have had. If it was working something had to change to break it, and it could be something simple that you weren't aware you did. FlipX in the config.ini may fix it, the more improtant question is what broke it? The editor saves all of the orientation data, and the only other thing I can think of is you opened a world when you already had one open, or you resized the map, or you made a change outside the editor and didn't reopen it with the editor before continuing to move forward on your work.
Quote from: Abraham Lincoln. on November 04, 1971, 12:34:40 PM
Don't believe everything you read on the internet

Man thanks very much Phobos your advice helped me get my project going again.I've been having this problem for days and it really was annoying me.

And Buckler I'll keep that thread in mind incase it hapens again.

Quotequestion is what broke it? The editor saves all of the orientation data, and the only other thing I can think of is you opened a world when you already had one open, or you resized the map, or you made a change outside the editor and didn't reopen it with the editor before continuing to move forward on your work.

I don't buy it. Like I said, for twilight reskins it was doing this. The only files altered first were TGA, and it was still scrambling cloud city buildings all over zeroeditor. I think it must be a 64-bit issue because I never had this problem on my 32-bit comp. Back when psych0fred wrote that it was all 32-bit.