Ideas For Zombie Maps In SWBF1

Started by Phobos, November 15, 2011, 05:41:00 AM

Previous topic - Next topic
This thread is for people to post ideas they have for potential zombie mod maps. I will start development of any of these maps once there is enough substance to the idea/draft.

Ideas for zombie maps

• Zombie hotel
    A 3-4 story hotel with many rooms and your squad's job is to kill every zombie in the building. Includes Pool room, bar, hookah lounge, lobby, elevator, roof, garage and outside parking lot. One model request would be a Roullette table, either as a static prop or spinning round animatedprop. LucasArts had one of these for grim fandango but I don't think those assets were released. I am not familiar with ScummVM
  • Zombie Motel
    Like the hotel map but easier to make because AI pathing is 2D.
  • Zombie Mall (Dawn Of The Dead)
    Just like the original dawn of the dead movie, a mall with zombie infestation and a small group of survivors. A helicopter is also possible too now thanks to Nikoli.
  • Zombie Forest
    Deciduous forest environment with lots of flora, some canyons, and rivers. Free roam zombie killing.
  • Zombie Volcano
    Apocalyptic setting. Gigantic volcano with molten lava pool in the center and health-damaging lava rivers flowing down the sides.
  • Zombie Defense
    Defend a castle surrounded by zombies until the main gate breaks down then fight to the death.
  • More Ideas Needed

I don't know how to make water/lava flow but maybe an animated texture could simulate the effect. If you have any ideas, descriptions, requests, useful assets, or map drafts for zombie maps in SWBF1 you can post them here.

November 15, 2011, 10:14:09 AM #1 Last Edit: November 15, 2011, 10:20:59 AM by Unit 33
I do like the Motel idea...

Something like that would be perfect!

You could always have a Motel next to a volcano or in a forest.

Forgive the randomness, I'm currently swimming in GUIctrlID's to flesh out my msh editor, so I'm unable to push mapping right now, but I can offer some ideas.

I dig the zombie bespin map as single player, is it online compatible?
If not, then there is idea 1.

2. A destructable (not capturable) zombie spawn point. (cave in to stop/slow the flow of zombies,  or a large explosion that effectively ends the zombies, the source of the zombies, the player(s), and map)

3. since zombies vs droids doesent make sense (no brains to eat) how about giving the zombies HealthType = "droid" so zombie specific damage can take place. (anti-zombie flash grenade,  anti-zombie bullets/bolts, anti-zombie arc zapper thing.)

4.For locations, you got all the bases covered. Anything else would be a variant.

• Desert zombies. (Tusken vs Zombie Tusken/Jawa/Humans might be interesting.)
  • For a real-ish variant, how would native americans or ancient incans have handled a zombie outbreak?
  • Deathstar. (Accident in one of the lower levels that would have to be contained by lowley Stormtroopers and perhaps even Vader himself. (Would force choke work on a zombie?)
  • Really any battlefield where there were plenty of dead, with a small group of survivors would make for a ready made zombie playground. Remove the vehicles, and make the locals and both factions into zombies. (Geonosians come to mind)
  • A military ship at sea, a sub, or a space station. I'm imagining a small, closed in map, like a ship with narrow halls and few open areas and a low ceiling.  Every corner could turn into a fight for life. Basicly shooting for the doom 2 type of areas. With the right lighting it got quite spooky at times (once you got in to it.)

5. Zombie Hero. Any chance of 'special' zombies that do more than creep and kill? Like a Zombie Jedi / undead witch doctor that could still wield force pull or something simular.

6. custom zombie sounds. grunts, gurgles, mumbles and the sound of meat dragging.

I'm tapped for the moment.

i like the idea of defending something not nessisarily a castle just any thing with a destructible
gate/door and a capturable cp.

if the gate or door is vulnerable you should be equiped with a fussion cutter to repaire it,
and lots of mines to be placed in strategic places

Basic fortress defense type map started

I don't know if you're still taking ideas but would it be possible to convert any of your killed teamates into zombies (the other team) so that the game got gradually harder for you.
I play less now but I'll always be around, lets keep this site and battlefront going. :)

I like the defend the castle idea. I also suggest a storyline type thing where youre commandos in a ghost star destroyer or something and zombies have taken over the ship! :D
=AaTc= Forever

SALLY....

-Retired Modder

Quote from: SnΛke on November 21, 2011, 01:27:06 PM
I like the defend the castle idea. I also suggest a storyline type thing where youre commandos in a ghost star destroyer or something and zombies have taken over the ship! :D

storyline in a space station with zombeis (and aliens), exactly the concept for my new map. Good idea snake, as Bamdur has created a zombie hunter comamndo model that will be used.  I am taking volunteers to help. I do not want to give anythign else away except to developers.

I can do some unit modding if youd like. Thats about all I can do :/
=AaTc= Forever

SALLY....

-Retired Modder

November 23, 2011, 03:50:55 PM #9 Last Edit: November 23, 2011, 04:02:37 PM by Phobos Developer
I have been extremely silent about the new mod map. Construction will take place on many levels. All will be revealed as created, but I view this to be very important and has a lot of potential for fun. The hardest part of any mod map is to make it fun to play many times over. It must be fun and that is the primary emphasis. It must also be a work of art and so that is the medium it will be developed through.

I do need some help making more zombie skins so if you have any or can produce any you would like to share I greatly appreciate it.

The map will (hopefully) have holograms for all 39 alien species. The idea is 3 factions, human alien and zombie. The setting will be a laboratory on an alien moon space station. The rest is a surprise.

On a related note, is anyone familiar with the work of Stanley Kubrick? His work will have a significant influence on the upcoming mod map.