.msh Exporter for Blender 2.8

Started by SleepKiller, November 21, 2019, 05:50:57 AM

Previous topic - Next topic
Anyone that's been hanging around the GameToast Discord will know I've been working on this. It's a (WIP) .msh exporter for Blender.

It currently supports most needed .msh file features needed for SWBF2. (Most stuff should work for SWBF1 as well but I have yet to test that and work out what is different and what else needs adding.) In particular it supports,

- Editing .msh materials in Blender
- Hardpoints
- Collision Primitives
- Collision Meshes
- Terrain Cutters
- Shadow Volumes
- Object hierarchies, parent-child relationships in Blender are preserved in the exported .msh file

It does not currently have support for cloth, animations or skinned meshes. But if you'd like those features I'd encourage you to let me know and also test out the addon as it is currently and let me know how it goes. Currently I only want to create map props with the addon so it's fit for my purpose but if I see people using and testing the addon and asking after those features it'll make me more inclined to spend the time working on them.

GitHub Repository
Installation Instructions
Latest Release

Feel free to report any problems you encounter, preferably on GitHub but doing so here or on my Discord server is fine to.

November 21, 2020, 11:49:31 AM #1 Last Edit: November 21, 2020, 12:22:19 PM by schumachergab2@gmail.com
This may be a dumb question, but is this addon compatible with the new blender 2.9? Also, I've exported a few models using this addon in 2.8, and they show up in swbf viewer, but without textures. Is there a way to fix this?

I'm not too familiar with what changed in 2.9 but I think it should still work. As for the missing textures I'm not sure what could be going wrong there, have you read through the Materials section of the reference manual https://github.com/SleepKiller/SWBF-msh-Blender-Export/blob/master/docs/reference_manual.md#materials?

I read over it again, and I realized what the issue is, thanks!  :tu: does the addon allow for UV editing? So I can change what part of the texture is shown?