Sound Help

Started by MoonDeity, April 14, 2020, 11:36:13 PM

Previous topic - Next topic
Hello, I have managed to mod the common sounds in BF2 thanks to Dark_phantom and Gistech. I was wondering if anybody could help me mod the other sounds like the voices in battle, menu sounds etc. Is this posssible to do? is there another munge thing I can use for other sounds? I will be most grateful and give credit where its due on my mod page.

https://www.moddb.com/mods/weapon-sound-change
"Im just a simple man trying to make his way in the universe"

April 15, 2020, 05:18:43 AM #1 Last Edit: April 15, 2020, 06:52:06 AM by Dark_Phantom
There are no tools for the rest of it.  I have toyed around with it and know it works but haven't had time to do it.  Right now, your best bet is to learn what files are in which sound banks.

https://github.com/phantom567459/SoundFMVextractor

This does a reasonable job at extracting the sound files.  Go to releases and download the 1.1 release and then please make sure to read the readme because it is a command line tool.  If you can figure how to make the tools yourself using the soundmunge batch files and the original configs, great, but if not, you'll have to wait for me (or another ambitious member), and it's going to be a little bit because I am swamped right now.

Edit: Guess I should have stated, much of that is in the global.lvl, which is easiest to create of the rest, but also the largest sound file in the game.
The BOBclan:  A Rich History

Quote from: Unit 33 on November 29, 2014, 03:44:44 AM
'Please, tell me more about the logistics of the design of laser swords being wielded by space wizards' - Some guy on the internet.

April 15, 2020, 04:02:40 PM #2 Last Edit: April 15, 2020, 08:12:19 PM by clsallenbach
Well its great to know its possible!!!! I will study this and try my best to figure it out but alot of it is like trying to learn the binary language of moisture vaporators...Never the less I will keep at it because I find this very interesting and fun. You might be done what you need to by the time I figure this out haha but its worth a try.

Okay I managed to figure out the command line thing and got a folder for global with the sounds files but playing them in vlc, there isnt any sounds left worth changing and its really not worth it to change the voices so i guess ive done what i can do.... thanks again phantom!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
"Im just a simple man trying to make his way in the universe"