Who wants to help me with a game project idea?

Started by jdee-barc, August 10, 2011, 05:09:14 PM

Previous topic - Next topic
August 10, 2011, 05:09:14 PM Last Edit: August 11, 2011, 11:08:13 AM by jdee-barc
I have this idea, a mind-blowingly time-consuming, difficult, possibly deadly, idea that won't work (would take simply too long) if i'm doing it on my own.  Its to make a game, based off of the SWBF series, but since the zero engine/swbf source code (except lvl file assets) is not availabe at all, i plan on using the free/Open Source PixelLight Engine as it seems like a good engine and similar to SWBF's zero in terms of appearance (except higher-resolution and with physics engine).

I would need the following modders on different aspects of the game.

-Modeling/texturing/Animating/physics
-Characters/VEhicles/Weapons
-Maps
-Sound
-Programming (ie scripting/ai/physics

Objectives for the game
class based with limited customization of each class
Space-2-Ground Maps
partially open-source (meaning modding is supported, but not completley redesigning the game for release)
more to think about...

Who would want to help me with this idea? (need fairly experienced modders/programmers)

PixelLightEngine http://www.pixellight.org/site/

People who'd be willing to help so far
me
bamdur

This will also be going up on gametoast
Current Projects:
Battlefront One and a Half Era Mod, v2.0. Making great progress (SWBF)

Mind linking me to this pixel engine? and if your going for anything close to swbf dont use unreal engine, id be willing to help

PixelLight Engine http://www.pixellight.org/site/

also added to first post
Current Projects:

you might want to change it from"modding project" this is not modding at all its creating a new game itself, it might take up to years of work if you wanted to to be good, millions of lines of scripting (im not the best at c++) yea it wil take kalot of work if yoru serious about this

If this is active, I am willing to help with but a small portion. I can do everything sound except notepad coding stuff. That is to say, I can edit and create sound, convert to and from various formats and bit-rates. We have some really good sound experts in FC.

not active. too busy.
Current Projects: