Swbfspy autoinstall?

Started by {PLA}gdh92, May 04, 2019, 05:47:20 AM

Previous topic - Next topic
Would it be possible to edit Sleepkillers autoinstaller for steam users? It would make things a lot simpler and in theory everyone with a newish pc should have battlefront in the same location now.
I play less now but I'll always be around, lets keep this site and battlefront going. :)

Maybe we can get the source from SK, or see if he can recompile it.
Quote from: Abraham Lincoln. on November 04, 1971, 12:34:40 PM
Don't believe everything you read on the internet

I don't think I ever actually saved the source code for it. What did it do exactly again? (I know that I should know but it's been a while.) Just rename the old executable and copy in the new one? If so, it'd be a pretty simple thing to remake I can probably find the time to whip up one tomorrow if that'd be helpful.

Although I'd have to guess on the exact install layout for Steam, I assume it'd just be "steamapps\common\Star Wars Battlefront\GameData\"?

C:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\steamapps\common\Star Wars Battlefront (Classic 2004)\GameData
Quote from: Abraham Lincoln. on November 04, 1971, 12:34:40 PM
Don't believe everything you read on the internet

Here it is. https://www.swbfgamers.com/index.php?topic=13356

I Hope it works well and proves useful. It tries to look in a bunch of places to find the SWBF1 install. (It uses Windows Search API, checks the registry and pokes around all your Steam libraries if it can find them,)

Thanks sleepkiller, this should help a lot of people.
I play less now but I'll always be around, lets keep this site and battlefront going. :)