Server setup for battlefront 1 for PC

Started by ntron, February 23, 2019, 07:42:49 AM

Previous topic - Next topic
Hey if anyone could help me get the information, links, and guides to setting up a server for star wars battlefront 1 for PC in 2019 that would be much appreciated!

Thanks.  I wanted you to post this in the forum so that everyone can see the reply and can help if needed.

SWBF1 with PC

Next, do you want to host with the dedicated server software or with your directly with your game?

Quote from: Abraham Lincoln. on November 04, 1971, 12:34:40 PM
Don't believe everything you read on the internet

Either one, but if I had to choose it would preferably be the software since there is more customization.

February 23, 2019, 12:39:46 PM #3 Last Edit: February 23, 2019, 12:49:40 PM by ntron97trogdor23
It is I, master of all things hardware and emulation (stealing ntrons alt in case you couldn't tell)
I'm pretty good with any obscure, outdated, and generally hard to use software. I'd be chill with fiddling with some software and trying to get a dedicated server up and running. (also if you happen to have any dev tools.... XD)

Dedicated server setup is described here

https://www.swbfgamers.com/index.php?topic=1375.msg17280#msg17280

It was updated to include a link to the SWBFspy.com patch.

I got it to work, thanks for all your help!!!!! I have two questions though. One of the addon maps I could find with the server software, but it would crash every time I ran it. Another question is where is the StarwarsBattlefront Server.ini file located?

What version is your game?  CD's ? DVD? Best of PC?

The server I linked is 1.2.  Make sure your game is also 1.2.

(1.2 game comes with Jabba's Palace)

What version of windows are you using?  The ini file usually gets created in the game folder, but it may end up in Appdata for windows 10.

I found it, I was under appdata, but I run the server on Windows 8.1. The versions match and the other maps work, just abridon city(addon) crashes when the server runs. Also fyi I do have battlefront 1 on cd, by I found a guy who has the game discless and I got it, because it is more convenient.

CDs are fine.  Make sure you have upgraded to version 1.2 so that you can play mod maps.

That isn't my issue the server program itself crashes before I even join, I think it might be cause the map is really big

Actually I just realized non of the addons work, like I mentioned before they work in the game itself, even when I host on disc servers, it's just when I run the dedicated server software the software itself crashes