Map Testers Needed :)

Started by Ascertes, December 28, 2017, 06:26:15 PM

Previous topic - Next topic
December 28, 2017, 06:26:15 PM Last Edit: January 18, 2018, 06:46:07 PM by Ascertes
(Not sure if this is in the right section. If not, please move it!  :P )

Greetings! I have currently finished putting on the final touches to the updated version of my Tatooine: Gulch map. I'm currently looking for people who would be interested in testing this map and providing feedback before I officially release it. I'm mostly just looking for suggestions, potential improvements, errors/bugs I may have missed, etc.

If you are interested, great! I have attached the file below this post. Feel free to either message me with your feedback,  or just leave your thoughts in this thread.

Thanks in advance,
-Asc.

EDIT:
Just to avoid bug/error reports I'm already aware of:
1. AT-TE and AT-AT I know are missing sounds. This has been an absolute nightmare for me to get working, and I fear if I waited to get it fixed, this would never be released.

UPDATE: I've finally figured out how to fix the sun and shadows issue, so yay! Unfortunately I'm still no closer to fixing the sound issues with the AT-TE and AT-AT. I think this a problem I'm just going to have to grit my teeth and deal with. Last call for recommendations before I send this bad boy off to be published!
"Birth, pain, fear, death; the cycle of existence." -Dread Master Calphayus.

SWBF1 Maps: Tatooine: Mos Anek, Kashyyyk: Village, Naboo: Province, Tatooine: Gulch.

SWBF2 Maps: Space Carida.

I would like to test it.I am paying attention to details or bugs so i think i might be usefull.

Wonderful! Thank you very much, Ginev  :happy:

SWBF1 Maps: Tatooine: Mos Anek, Kashyyyk: Village, Naboo: Province, Tatooine: Gulch.

Sorry but just to tell you i do not have Battlefront 1.Im playing right now only Battlefront 2.So sorry if your maps are for BF1  :XD:

This map is for BF1 unfortunately.  :XD: It's the thought that counts though, right?  ;)

Do you still need help or is there a final version somewhere else?
If not I could try to break it for you  ;)

I played your map for a while yesterday. Its a nice and really huge map.

1.)  I found a bug in the area of cp moisture farm. The "tat1_bldg_moisturefarm_courtyard.msh" has bad collisions. On one side around this object I "falled through the map" and on the other side I couldn't use specific ramps or ways to go up some places  for example to all of the the doors of the farmbuildings. (If you don't know what I mean,  I can make a litte youtube video.)
I had a short look into Softimage_Mod_tool and saw that the collisions of "tat1_bldg_moisturefarm_courtyard.msh" do not fit exactiy to the other mesh file, so you are not responsible that it doesn' work correctly because the object in the assets of bfbuilder in not perfectly made. It looks like collisions must be corrected with Softimage_Mod_tool or similar to make it better. Although it has this problems this asset of the mositurfarm look nice and I know no other map where I have seen it. 

2.) The shaddow of the entities is not pointing into the right direction. It is pointing nearly exactly into the direction of the sun so it is about 180 degrees wrong.
I think you can make it better if you edit the position of the sun in the *.sky file.

I hope this helps a bit. Sorry if you don't understand all what I am meaning. English is not my native language and some things are not so easy to explain. 
If you have a question feel wellcome to ask
triops.

Quote from: Ascertes on January 03, 2018, 01:46:13 PM
This map is for BF1 unfortunately.  :XD: It's the thought that counts though, right?  ;)

If you ever need anyone for testing feel free to throw a DM my way, even if it seems I'm not on, I am always lurking.
The years just fly past, don't they?

Quote from: jonoreilly on January 04, 2018, 08:20:58 AM
Do you still need help or is there a final version somewhere else?
If not I could try to break it for you  ;)

Hehe, I am still in need of testers! The more the merrier! The file is attached to my original post, so give it a download and tell me what you think!  :tu:

Quote from: Triops on January 04, 2018, 02:51:06 PM
I played your map for a while yesterday. Its a nice and really huge map.

1.)  I found a bug in the area of cp moisture farm. The "tat1_bldg_moisturefarm_courtyard.msh" has bad collisions. On one side around this object I "falled through the map" and on the other side I couldn't use specific ramps or ways to go up some places  for example to all of the the doors of the farmbuildings. (If you don't know what I mean,  I can make a litte youtube video.)
I had a short look into Softimage_Mod_tool and saw that the collisions of "tat1_bldg_moisturefarm_courtyard.msh" do not fit exactiy to the other mesh file, so you are not responsible that it doesn' work correctly because the object in the assets of bfbuilder in not perfectly made. It looks like collisions must be corrected with Softimage_Mod_tool or similar to make it better. Although it has this problems this asset of the mositurfarm look nice and I know no other map where I have seen it. 

2.) The shaddow of the entities is not pointing into the right direction. It is pointing nearly exactly into the direction of the sun so it is about 180 degrees wrong.
I think you can make it better if you edit the position of the sun in the *.sky file.

I hope this helps a bit. Sorry if you don't understand all what I am meaning. English is not my native language and some things are not so easy to explain. 
If you have a question feel wellcome to ask
triops.

1. I have noticed this, but unfortunately I have no experience with soft image tools so I have no means with which to fix it. Consider it a hazard of the map, though I could potentially put something in the bad spots to cover up their existence...hmm.

2. I will try to work on this! Ty for your attention to detail!

I'm no modder so sorry if I'm not very clear explaining myself, but i've just seen visual bugs(?). The sun's shade thing and some places where the map's skin(?) doesnt match the collision grid(?).

However, i've noted an issue with the map boundries. Units can walk reeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeealy far before they sudenly explode, and vehicles can go forever.

Apart from that I really like this map, so keep improving it pls.

Quote from: jonoreilly on January 06, 2018, 01:40:36 AM
I'm no modder so sorry if I'm not very clear explaining myself, but i've just seen visual bugs(?). The sun's shade thing and some places where the map's skin(?) doesnt match the collision grid(?).

However, i've noted an issue with the map boundries. Units can walk reeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeealy far before they sudenly explode, and vehicles can go forever.

Apart from that I really like this map, so keep improving it pls.

I guess I'm not entirely sure what you mean by the skin not matching the collision grid. Are you referring to the "textures" not matching the terrain shape? I'm also aware of the poor sun positioning relative to the shadows being cast, so I do need to fix that.

As for the boundaries, I made the hills around the Settlement and Moisture Farm purely to discourage going in those directions. For some reason, ZeroEditor (the software I use to make maps) crashes whenever I try to make boundaries, so I simply use geography to try and achieve the same thing.